We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FEVE train

Nottingham
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
FEVE train

I want to travel on a FEVE train from Santander to Ferrol stopping overnight at varoius towns on route. Then I want to go to Santigo de C (bus I think only way) and then by train to Leon (or is there a FEVE one fro Oviedo) and FEVE train to Bilbao and then back to Santander.

Is this all possible, advice on rout sought. I cannot find an English translation of the FEVE timetable and ask if there is one. Also is there a special ticket offering unlimited travel say for one week.

Mentioned in this post
Feve
Feve
9 Reviews
Santander, Spain
Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: FEVE train

Can anyone help please we arrive at Asturias airport on the 2.30 on a sunday and need to get a Feve train from Pravia to Ribadeo .

can anyone tell me the cost of a Taxi from Asturias airport tp Pravia

Mentioned in this post
Feve
Feve
9 Reviews
Santander, Spain
Asturias
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: FEVE train

Why are you catching the train from Pravia when there are stations much nearer to the airport?

Plymouth, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: FEVE train

Hello I can't seem to get a English version of the FEVE website. Could anyone please advise if I can travel from aviles to tapia de casariego? And how much roughly this would cost? Many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Feve
Feve
9 Reviews
Santander, Spain
Cantabria
Level Contributor
92 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: FEVE train

Hi Claire

Yes, you can travel from Avilés to pravia de Casariego but you will have to change trains in Pravia, and you have very short time between trains, if there is any delay you will lose the Tapia de Casariego train.

Aviles: 8:14 - arrive to Pravia: 8:44

Pravia: 8:47 - arrive to Tapia de Casariego: 10:44

Aviles: 15:18 - arrive to Pravia:15:48

Pravia: 15:52 - arrive to Tapia de Casariego: 17:50

Ticket: 8,95€ (16,60€ round trip)

Edited: 24 April 2013, 08:28
Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: FEVE train

Hi Mike

I thought that Pravia station was the best and closest to the Airport to get to Ribadeo if you can help that would be great

God Bless

Doug

Plymouth, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: FEVE train

Thank you so much! Really helpful :)

Asturias
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: FEVE train

Hi Doug,

The stations are (in order of, 'nearest to airport' is first):

- Santiago del Monte (2.5 km)

- El PArador

- Soto de Barco

- Riberas

- Penaullan

- Pravia (12 km)

Having said this, you will have to change at Pravia to continue on to Ribadeo. You only have one train that will get you to Ribadeo ....... Depart Santiago del Monte 15:33 Arrive Pravia 15:48 / Depart Pravia 15:52 Arrive Ribadeo 18:14 - cost 9.65 EUR one way.

I notice that you are landing at 2:30 and on the assumption that you have hold luggage and will have to clear passport control and then wait to collect it .... you certainly like living with tigh schedules.

Another option may be to catch the bus from Aviles at 18:00 that will land you in Ribadeo for 20:30. This will give you time for a long lunch and a look around in Aviles .... could even catch a local bus to Salinas or some other beach for lunch. - cost 14.75 EUR one way.

Some usefull sites for your trip are:

FEVE Timetable -> www.renfe.com/viajeros/feve/horarios.html

FEVE Map -> www.renfe.com/viajeros/feve/mapas/index.html OR this one if you like it all joined up -> feve.es/recursos/…lineas-feve.pdf

ALSA timetable if you want to take a shortcut via bus -> http://www.alsa.es/en/

Map with enough detail to see if the station is in town or miles outside -> http://sigpac.mapa.es/fega/visor/

On the last item above, using the example of San Vicente de la Barquera …… zoom in on San Vicente (turn off photos and get to a map resolution of 1/25000) …… FEVE Stations are marked as black oblongs …. You’ll see it just outside the village of La Acebosa, about 2.5km south of San Vicente. If you want to see if the beaches are large / small etc. then turn on the photos. Photos are better resolution than Google.

Edited: 25 April 2013, 10:30
Mentioned in this post
Soto
Soto
Cantabria, Spain
La Acebosa
La Acebosa
Cantabria, Spain
Asturias
Level Contributor
346 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: FEVE train

Forgot to add, that there is very little time between you arriving in Pravia and changing to your new train (4 minutes). The timekeeping here is excellent BUT there's always a chance of delay and you missing your connection.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: FEVE train

Hi Mike

Thank you for all this info will look later

God Bless

Doug

20. Re: FEVE train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 07:18