We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dublin-santander-setubal

Which Santander hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
dublin-santander-setubal

We are a group of friends who wish to drive from Dublin to Santander to Setubal. We plan on taking approx 3 weeks and want to bring our own cars.

How long approx would it take to drive on the motorway? We would like to take an alternative but fairly direct route, any suggestions please?

Cantabria
Level Contributor
92 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dublin-santander-setubal

Hi

From Santander to Setubal you have 865 kms (8 hours and 29 minutes). Last year I have done nearly the same route (I were to Evora) but I spent a night in Ciudad Rodrigo, a very beautiful medieval city.

My route was Santander - Valladolid - Salamanca - Ciudad Rodrigo - Castelo Branco - Abrantes - Santarem - Evora.

You can do the same route until Santarem

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dublin-santander-setubal

Do you actually mean you are going to drive from Dublin to Santander? I don't quite understand. If that is actually what you mean, which ferry route across the English Channel/Bay of Biscay are you interested in, and which is more important, money or time?

3. Re: dublin-santander-setubal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 18:17