We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santander to Tarifa

london
Level Contributor
278 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Santander to Tarifa

Hi everyone, I am driving to Morocco from the UK and am getting the ferry to Santander and then onward from Tarifa. I plan to stop for about 2 or 3 nights in Spain in two places, can anyone recommend anywhere nice to stop. Thanks

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santander to Tarifa

My suggestions would be Salamanca (about 4 hours from Santander by toll free motorway), and then Sevilla (about 5 hours further on, again, toll free motorway). That's if you're wanting cities. I'm sure others will have further suggestions, maybe try posting on some other forums of the provinces along the way too.

london
Level Contributor
278 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santander to Tarifa

Thanks for this, I had thought about Salamanca too, it looks lovely. I was in Seville last year and it was amazing, but I think I'd like to try somewhere different. I am looking also at Zafra but will do as you say and post in the province sections. Thanks very much

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santander to Tarifa

I've just come back from a weekend in Salamanca, and loved it, what a friendly, beautiful city, I'd definitely recommend it and am already planning to go back and do what I didn't have time for this time round, we got so carried away with just wandering around enjoying the atmosphere and sunshine! No idea about Zafra though!

london
Level Contributor
278 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santander to Tarifa

oh that sounds perfect, Salamanca it is then! Thanks

5. Re: Santander to Tarifa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 13:41