We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around in Santander

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around in Santander

My husband and I will be visiting Santander in late September. We plan to stay in the city centre of Santander, but my husband knows of family in Pontejos and wants to visit the small town. But how do we get there? Are there buses that travel to Pontejos? Or will we have to get a taxi? How much do taxi rides normally cost? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around in Santander

mmedrano:

I called up the bus station and they told me that there is frequent bus service to Pontejos. The station is located at Calle Navas de Tolosa.

Pontejos is only 11 km from Santander, so my estimate for a taxi will be around 12 euros.

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around in Santander

Thank you so much for your help. Our trip to Spain includes visiting Malaga for our last 3-4 days. Was looking at either Hotel Molina Larios or Room Mate Larios. Any recommendations on which hotel to stay at? My husband and I aren't difficult people, just like to eat and drink good wine. Any other advice you can give for our visit would be appreciated. We should be in Malaga from October 4th through October 8th.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around in Santander

mmedrano:

I would stay at the Hotel Molina Larios. It has a good location and its restaurant is one of my favorites. They have a very good menu of the day and it is quiet, so you can talk. Most other restaurants are a bit noisy.

Also some people working at the Room Mate Larios are not friendly. I preferred that hotel before it joined the Room Mate chain.

Be sure to see the Glass and Crystal Museum for a different kind of experience. If you check the reviews of the museum on the Things to Do section of the Malaga forum, it is still the highest rated thing to do in Malaga.

Try lunch one day at the Restaurante El Pimpi on Calle Granada. Go and eat out on the terrace. You will be able to see the Roman Theater and the Alcazaba. There are few places in Spain where you can see two national monuments at the same time. The food is good and inexpensive. Try the sweet wine there.

Go to the Antigua Casa de la Guardia, on the Alameda Principal. You can go wine tasting there for 0.80 euro-1.20 euro a glass. They have about 25 different Malaga wines!

Read the top questions in the Malaga forum.

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around in Santander

Great advice and I will definitely visit all those sites! Thank you so much!

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting around in Santander

The bus website for Cantabria: www.transportedecantabria.es

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting around in Santander

Thank you! I appreciate it.

Edited: 05 September 2012, 15:22
7. Re: Getting around in Santander

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2012, 11:15
8. Re: Getting around in Santander

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 18:19