We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation in the walled city

Which Toledo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rsa
australia
Level Contributor
752 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
accommodation in the walled city

Hi, We are looking at staying one night in Toledeo, and looking for a place which is somewhat special. One that is full of atmosphere, nice staff, and very close to all the sights .Has anyone know of such a place, that would make our one night in Toledo, very special..Thanks RSA

Sparta, New Jersey
Level Contributor
26 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation in the walled city

We are leaving for a 2 week trip to Spain next week. I search for awhile for such a place as you describe in Toledo. I found the "Hostal del Cardenal" on the internet and guidebooks - it's seems very charming and consisitently I've read good reviews of it, including it's restaurant. Don't let the word "hostal" throw you, it's a hotel not a youth hostal sort of place. It's built into the city walls and was the former residence of a Cardinal. Worth checking out yourself. Of course, I've not stayed there yet -look for my review once I have returned. Good luck.

Sparta, New Jersey
Level Contributor
26 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation in the walled city

Hi - just got back from Spain. The Hostal del Cardenal was lovely. The gardens were beautiful - whole property was charming. The rooms clean, charming, antiques - you feel like you are staying in a friend's private villa. The restaurant attached is great, good food and very reasonable prices. Tables are outside for dinner; very pretty. Don't bother going into Toledo for dinner, the whole town closes up - there is nothing going on. Parking is free & right around the corner. The escalator can take you up to the historic part of Toledo, and it's steps away from hotel. Only warning: there is no porter available, and you have to bring your luggage from parking, through gardens (includes two sets of stone steps) into room. So, if you are physically limited, this would definetly be a problem.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation in the walled city

Check out Alfonso VI Hotel, that is RIGHT in the center of the walled city. I'm staying there in October... if you go, let me know!

australia
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation in the walled city

Would the cardenal be OK if we didn't have a car? thanks in anticipation of a reply. Vicolivia

5. Re: accommodation in the walled city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 14:19