We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great historical tour and guide

Which Toledo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
616 posts
451 reviews
Save Topic
Great historical tour and guide

We recently returned from Toledo during our trip to Spain. We had only one day to visit the city and wanted a guide to assist us, rather than having to be looking at a guide book the entire time. It took a while but I finally found the website http:www.guiasdetoledos.es

I finally selected the fabulous Elena Perez (MEPRUIZ@telefonica.net) She has a university degree in tourism and is a Toledo native. She was not only charming and knowledgeable but provided a comprehensive tour based on our email requirements. She met us at the train station and we immediately took a taxi ride around the city and for the fabulous panoramic views. We then walked throughout the city visiting the major sites. One of our favorite parts was the art history lesson from Elena while we viewed El Greco's most famous painting, The Burial of Count Orgaz in Santo Tolemo.

Toledo was one of our favorite places in Spain and our time there was enhanced due to Elena.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
826 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great historical tour and guide

Good to know. Thanks for the tip.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great historical tour and guide

Hi Tarzanldy!

How much did she charge you for that?

Thank you in advance!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
616 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great historical tour and guide

I recommend that you email her directly as I am sure her prices depend on the length of the tour and the time of the year. Elena Perez:

MEPRUIZ@telefonica.net

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great historical tour and guide

I´ll do that.

Thank you again!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
826 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great historical tour and guide

Thanks for the tip. I'll be recommending her to friends on their way to Spain soon.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great historical tour and guide

Just emailed her and she was very quick and polite answering us.

I´m sure it was, indeed, a very good tip! I´ll meet her in a few days.

Edited: 07 February 2012, 12:51
Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
54 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great historical tour and guide

Based on your advise, we booked a trip with Elena Pérez on Monday March 5th 2012. We enjoyed it very much. She gives a good intelligent tour and is a very knowledgeable about her home town. I only wish we had had more time to spent in Toledo.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great historical tour and guide

We had a nice time with Elena last month too. Great vibe, very knowledgeable and passioned by what she does.

Thanks for the advise Tarzanldy!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great historical tour and guide

I called Elena last minute and unfortunately she was busy. She recommended a guide from the same agency Angel C. Martin Martin (Tel. Mobil: 34-661-626-677). He was available in the morning for ~2 1/2 hours for $150 euros. I was uncertain about accepting without any review of his services. I decided to take a chance and my wife and I and our two adult children met him at the Main Plaza in Toledo. He was great--probably the best of the tour guides we had during our trip to Spain (we had 3 others). He is ~40 and his English is crisp and easy to understand. He walked us on un-tourisy streets and pointed out interesting features along the church walls (high chains that signify the freedom of the people), architecture(a church that was nicely restored and then turned into a discoteque) and had a cute sense of humor (pointing out a virgin mary that young women and wives pray to for a new boyfriend/husband). We even saw the basement of an old antique store in the family for 3 generations that had a 15th century Jewish foundation. The owner was full of stories which made the visit even better. We said goodbye to Angel after he gave us a good recommendation for lunch. I highly recommend his services.

London
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great historical tour and guide

My friend and I spent a great day in Toledo with Elena. She is really lovely and has excellent English and a wonderful knowledge of her home town. Would definitely recommend her and take her advice and let her take you to see El Greco's masterpiece first thing in the morning....she makes it come alive.

Thanks Elena