We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking train ticket advice

Which Toledo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
223 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking train ticket advice

I am travelling with a party of 6 people in April and we were wondering whether we should book 1) book our train tickets now from Madrid to Toledo 2) Also book return tickets now from Toledo to Madrid...Is this a good idea?

We are looking at 10:20am for Madrid to Toledo on the Wed, 11th April....Would this be a good time to travel to Toledo? Also, we are looking at booking return tickets from Toledo to Madrid at 15:25 on Fri, 13th April I think....Is that a good time to travel? Less crowded?

Any advice on this would be great.

Many thanks again....

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
383 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking train ticket advice

Wow, what a coincidence!! I have JUST booked tickets from Madrid to Toledo for the same time as you are thinking of!! We are only going to be day visitors though!

From all the advice I have read on Trip Advisor, I would say booking now seems like the best bet. This journey appears to be very popular.

I used the advice given on this link to book our tickets and found the process very painless!! tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Total cost of day trip for two....38.20 Euros

Enjoy your trip :)

London
Level Contributor
223 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking train ticket advice

Thanks Smilinglady!! Appreciate the tip!! :D

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking train ticket advice

Traveller:

You need to book ahead of time because the Madrid-Toledo line is a commuter run, full of commuters. I learned this the hard way. A few years ago I took the 9 am train from Madrid to Toledo. I did not buy my return ticket. Later about 5 pm I went to the Toledo station and found out that everything was booked to Madrid for the rest of the day. So we had to walk to the bus station. The trip on the bus took 2 hours because of heavy traffic!

London
Level Contributor
223 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking train ticket advice

Oh my goodness!!! Thanks Benny! Wow!! Yes we have booked out tickets now for the trip!! Thank you for you advice!! :)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
383 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking train ticket advice

Hi Traveller, glad to hear you have booked those tickets! Hope the process was as painless for you as it was for us! :)

If you booked the 10:20am as originally stated.........see you on the train!! ;)

London
Level Contributor
223 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeking train ticket advice

I think we did...See you on the train!!! ;) Have a great trip!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
383 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seeking train ticket advice

Hi Traveller, hope you enjoyed your stay in Toledo? We had a lovely day there! I thought the train journey was fantastic........comfortable seats and such a quick journey! Not sure we saw you on the train.......I was the one smiling!!! ;)

London
Level Contributor
223 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seeking train ticket advice

Hi Smilinglady! :D Yes we did enjoy our stay in Toledo! We had a sunny day! The train journey was very nice and comfortable! And yes it was quick! :D I can't remember what coach we were on..:) Hope you had a great time too! :D

9. Re: Seeking train ticket advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2013, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Toledo