We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which sight to see?

Which Toledo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
Save Topic
Which sight to see?

We will be in Toledo for just one day. We will hopefully arrive in Toledo a little after 10a and will be leaving from the train station around 4:20 in the afternoon. We figured we would see the Cathedral first thing and then maybe walk around and explore, possibly find a quick lunch and see the shops, etc. We are hoping to see maybe one more sight while there. We are considering the Santa Cruz Museum....anything you would suggest instead of the museum?

karachi
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which sight to see?

Take your pick:

paradoxplace.com/Photo%20Pages/…20dlReyes.htm

paradoxplace.com/Photo%20Pages/…Transito.htm

karachi
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which sight to see?

If El Greco fascinates you, a quick visit to Iglesia de Santo Tome, could perhaps be considered. Standing before “The Burial of the Count of Orgaz”- one of the master’s most celebrated works, will constitute a never-to-be-forgotten experience.

…wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Burial_of_the_Count_…

http://www.santotome.org/

Endless options. The final decision rests with you!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,287 posts
3,473 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which sight to see?

Read the top questions.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which sight to see?

I have definitely read the top question about the sites to see in Toledo, as well as descriptions in guide books. I was merely asking which sight others would choose or if anyone had a personal recommendation.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,287 posts
3,473 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which sight to see?

uepianogirl:

My favorites are:

1. Cathedral

2. El Greco Museum

3. Church of Santo Tome

4. Santa Cruz Museum

5. Victor Macho Museum - Has spectacular sights of the river.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which sight to see?

Thanks for your thoughts!

I thought the Victorio Macho Museum looked interesting as well. I've also been told that the Church of Santo Tome is really cool. Does it have a good view as well, or do I have that mixed up? And of course, the Santa Cruz Museum is free and right in the main plaza.

I know that we will definitely see the Cathedral. If we stay until 7 or 8 in the evening, how many other sites do you think we would be able to see in that time? I just have no idea how much time these sights would take. I realize that you can spend as much or as little time as you want, but I'm just trying to figure out an average amount of time that most people woudl spend at these places...

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,287 posts
3,473 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which sight to see?

uepianogirl:

The good thing in Toledo is that all the sights are near each other and it will take only 5 minutes to go from one to the other.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which sight to see?

I didn't realize they were so close together. That makes things easier. We were hoping to see the Victorio Macho Museum - it looked a lot further away from everything, but maybe it's really not...

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
168 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which sight to see?

Do tickets to any of these museums need to be purchased in advance? Do you know how much the tickets are? Thanks

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,287 posts
3,473 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which sight to see?

joanne:

None of these places needs to have tickets purchased in advance. You just buy the tickets at the door.