We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Toledo to Granada

Athens, Greece
3 posts
Save Topic
Transport from Toledo to Granada

Hi.

I'm about to take a 2 weeks trip to Spain on late May and after my visit to Madrid I'm thinking of traveling to Toledo and spend 2 days there and from there to Granada to continue my trip. As i have seen there is no direct connection for 29 May between the cities when i want to travel and i have to go either by bus to Ciudad Real and take the train to Granada or by train to Madrid again and take the train to Granada. As best option i was considering taking the train that leave from Toledo at 07.55 and arrive in Madrid at 08.28 and from there take the train to Granada which departs at 09.05. Will the time space of 37 minutes between the arrival and departure be enough or i have to take an earlier train or the bus to Ciudad real?

Thanks in advance.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,463 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Toledo to Granada

tiger:

If you go to Atocha, you will have enough time to get to your train in 37 minutes.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Toledo to Granada

We did something similar in mid March. We went from Toledo to Madrid then to Sevilla via train. We had about an hour plus in Madrid between trains at Atocha Renfe which was enough time to have breakfast, get a magazine and still wait for the departure time of the Sevilla train. The platforms are at the same place but you'll arrive on the lower platform and have to go to the upper platform for departure. 37 minutes should be plenty of time.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,656 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Toledo to Granada

If your two week plan includes visiting Cordoba there is now an AVE train that leaves Toledo in evening and reaches Cordoba quite late taking 3 hours. It may work. There are 2 trains - one goes on to Seville and other to Malaga. You can take a train to Granada from Cordoba of course as the one you mention at 09.05 from Atocha also stops at Cordoba station. If you stick with Plan A then you have time to change trains.

4. Re: Transport from Toledo to Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 07:15