We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ALSA from Burgos to Madrid-Barajas airport

cambridge
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
ALSA from Burgos to Madrid-Barajas airport

Is the bus service quite reliable from Burgos to the airport in Madrid? I am deciding whether I should count on an 8:15 bus departure with an arrival time at 10:40. My flight is at 12:45, so this bus schedule would be perfect if the bus runs on time, but I might prefer to get to Madrid and leave a day later if the bus is unreliable.

Thank you!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,488 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ALSA from Burgos to Madrid-Barajas airport

If you are taking a long distance flight then play safe but if you can switch flight if the worse happens then I would be perfectly happy to take the 08.15 bus and not worry. Generally speaking buses run like trains. Time keeping is excellent unless some major problem occurs.

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ALSA from Burgos to Madrid-Barajas airport

That bus would be leaving Burgos at rush hour though, going into Madrid, on the pretty clogged A1 motorway, if any bus is going to be potentially delayed, I'd say that would be a risky one! If it's a Monday morning, forget it. If it's a weekday morning, be dubious. If it's a weekend morning, it should be fine as everyone's going the other way!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,488 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ALSA from Burgos to Madrid-Barajas airport

Live traffic cameras show various points on the A-1 road. You can obtain a feel of how busy that road is at various times of the day.

dgt.es/es/…a-1.shtml

I find bus time keeping remarkable in Spain. The bus operator is providing a service and would not publish times unless they were happy to keep to them. Driving a car would take about 2 hours or so. The bus is direct and has given time of travel to airport as 2hrs 25 mins. Even if bus is delayed by 35 minutes you are still well ahead of flight departing at 12.45 within Europe.

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ALSA from Burgos to Madrid-Barajas airport

That's a good idea about the cameras, the one you want is 25.4 Decreciente, look at that early one morning to get an idea, but not until September, much of Madrid will still be on holiday at the moment, so won't give you an accurate idea of commuter traffic (depending of course when you're travelling!). By car with no traffic does indeed take 2 hours pretty much dead on to the airport from Burgos.

5. Re: ALSA from Burgos to Madrid-Barajas airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 07:16