We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish Language School

Which Salamanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tours, France
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Spanish Language School

Does you know a really good spanish language school that you or someone you know has been to and enjoyed what they got out of it? I'm looking for a school that really focuses on teaching Spanish, only spanish.

57 replies to this topic
NY
Destination Expert
for Salamanca
Level Contributor
417 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spanish Language School

I am sorry that I don't know what you mean by teaching "only spanish".

Have you looked into the Don Quijote schools?

Kortrijk
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanish Language School

The University of Salamanca gives spanish courses too. (www.usal.es)

England
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spanish Language School

I am going to study Spanish with Enforex for 3 weeks in the summer in Salamanca. After looking around and writing up a pro and con list, I decided on Enforex.

But that was obviously decided on my own personal preferences.

(They also have a live web chat, so any queries, you can talk to someone straight away! They are very helpful!)

These were the 3 I debated over:

http://www.enforex.com/

http://www.linguasalamanca.com/

www.donquijote.co.uk/

All the best!

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spanish Language School

Kerloee's recommendations are good. I too evaluated different schools for Spanish study abroad. Some factors for my decision: ALL prices clearly stated on web/brochure, professional website/brochure, reasonable and competitive prices, school business duration, various accommodation choices, college-educated teachers, meal options, and fast email responses were important to me. I decided on Enforex as well, esp. since they offer specials throughout the year. I got a nice deal for 8+1 week free this summer. Don't be afraid to negotiate a discount! I hear Don Quijote is reputable too. Salamanca is known as a wonderful student-friendly town. :-)

Burgos, Spain
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spanish Language School

If you are looking for a room for the summer in Salamanca, I'm offering two really nice rooms in a shared flat in Salamanca, cheap and comfy, furnished and full eqquipped with internet ... I'm a student here and I really know the city and stuff so contact me sofiacirmi@gmail.com

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Spanish Language School

I had a horrible experience with Don Quijote language school, and their partner schools. I paid to be in a shared student flat in one city, but they put me in with a woman and her son who were residents of that city. It is not the same. I had done language study in Spain, through the same company, the prior summer, but because the city I was in had few students, they put me in a lower level class with no option to change. I asked for a refund, and they wouldn't give it to me. Horrible business practices.

I paid for a certain type of accommodation, and they did not deliver it. They had my skill level, but just put me in a convenient class. Also, the next city I was in, I spent the week killing cockroaches in the flat. They also screwed up my arrival details, causing a real pain in getting there.

Avoid Don Quijote. They do bad business.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Spanish Language School

Mscall4nia, which cities were you in?

Tunbridge Wells
Level Contributor
1 post
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spanish Language School

Karen K - looks like you are heading for Salamanca. I chose the Academia Isla Spanish school, which I will visit in just over two weeks. Can't say anything about it yet other than they have been very efficient and welcoming but I will post what I think at the end of my two weeks there - late April.

Pearland
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Spanish Language School

Does anyone have any experience with kids spanish immersion schools in spain?

I want to attend a spanish school in spain at the same time my 12 yr old does a camp. I have been looking at enforex or don quijote in Salamanca. I would love Barcelona but the kids camp seems to be on the outskirts of town. In Salamanca I could walk with my son to his school and then on to mine pretty easily each day.

Edited: 26 March 2013, 04:03
10. Re: Spanish Language School

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2013, 17:56

Reply to: Spanish Language School
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted