We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Sepulvedana bus- 1) Madrid-Segovia & 2) Segovia-La Granja

Which Segovia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
K.L
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
La Sepulvedana bus- 1) Madrid-Segovia & 2) Segovia-La Granja

Hi! Could anyone please advise re: La Sepulvedana bus

1) Madrid-Segovia

- I've read a post that says that the bus leaves from Metro Méndez Álvaro

- However I can't find a confirmation anywhere else.. everywhere else shows that the bus leaves from Metro Principe Pio

- Would appreciate if someone could confirm the departure points from Madrid. Thanks!

2) Segovia-La Granja

- Is the bus for this route easily accessible both ways in terms of boarding points, timing etc.

- Also, is it worth going out of the way for..? Doable on a day trip from Madrid?

Thanks in advance for any advise!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,199 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Sepulvedana bus- 1) Madrid-Segovia & 2) Segovia-La Granja

Read these notes on the Madrid Forum about going to Segovia for the day

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c106935/Madri…

K.L
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Sepulvedana bus- 1) Madrid-Segovia & 2) Segovia-La Granja

Thanks for replying Cadiz! You're so helpful :) Looks like it's Principe Pio!

Btw is it possible to visit La Granja as well on such a day trip to Segovia or would that be stretching it?

London, UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Sepulvedana bus- 1) Madrid-Segovia & 2) Segovia-La Granja

I hope it helps you to look at my Segovia Trip List :

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i38930-Segovi…

Sections 6-8 cover the to/from bus with maps/photos of the bus station as it is separate from Pio railway station and actually underground !

K.L
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Sepulvedana bus- 1) Madrid-Segovia & 2) Segovia-La Granja

Thx so much for sharing LP :) Your trip report is brilliant! Very helpful - the bus station is across the road from the main Pio station

London, UK
Level Contributor
147 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Sepulvedana bus- 1) Madrid-Segovia & 2) Segovia-La Granja

I'm glad it was helpful.

The aerial photo from my TL shows the precise location.

On the aerial view you can see the metro ground-level access a little to the south of the ground-level bus station access, so they are close but I do not know if they are connected.

The ground-level bus station entrance for passengers is not across a road but adjacent to the railway station building in a large pedestrian area (which from above looks like a road, which is what you might have meant), it is the entrance for buses that is in the middle of the main road.

You might be able to access the bus station directly from the nearby metro station walking underground. I say that as when I arrived by metro I got very lost and walked first to the railway station, as I didn't know precisely where the bus station was and I didn't see any signs directing me to it - you might fare better than me !

For locals this is all probably very obvious but for me it wasn't (and probably explains why you had to ask about it as well !), so that's why I covered this issue in my TL !

Have a lovely time in Segovia, if the weather is good the outside walks and views are marvellous and I found it much more peaceful than Toledo (see my other TL for there and also Madrid itself) :

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i38908-Toledo…

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i38856-Madrid…

Edited: 07 April 2014, 07:42
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,199 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Sepulvedana bus- 1) Madrid-Segovia & 2) Segovia-La Granja

The Principe Pio transport interchange does have a link between the Metro station and the bus station which is actually on two floors. The old Sepulvadena bus station was across the road further down Paseo de Florida so nowadays travellers to/from Segovia do not need to cross the road to change for the Metro or another bus or even trains. Also the train station is perhaps useful because the Cercanias Line C-1 or local train service that goes to the airport starts / ends here via places like Mendez Alvaro (where the big Southern Madrid bus terminal is located) Atocha which is the busiest station in Madrid for places like Toledo and Seville for example, Chamartin station and Terminal 4 at the airport. . From Principe Pio to Gran Via or Puerta del Sol it is about a 30 minutes walk and you can go via the gardens in front of the Royal Palace ! There is also a dedicated shuttle Metro train called Ramal which goes back and forth to Opera in a few minutes.

7. Re: La Sepulvedana bus- 1) Madrid-Segovia & 2) Segovia-La Granja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 06:17