We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rueda Wine Tour

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
61 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Rueda Wine Tour

Hi, my husband and I would love to visit Rueda and stay a couple of nights while we explore the various bodegas. Would anyone have suggestion(s) for accommodation in Rueda? Many thanks!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
61 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rueda Wine Tour

Hi all,

Just thought I would post a short note about this trip as there is scant little on TA and it's quite a nice overlooked part of any wine tour in Spain.

We stayed in a lovely place called Dona Carmen in Tordesillas (see my review of the hotel) which is 3 hours from Laguardia and San Sebastian. Its a 10 min drive to most Bodegas of Rueda.

We visited 2 Bodegas with prior appointments (esp. Required for English speaking tours), Bodegas Protos and Palacio de Bornos. They last 1.5-2 hour each and is about €10pp for each tour, including tasting of 2 wines. The tour of Protos is impressive, but the wines of Bronos was better. The wine shop of Bronos also doubles as a tapas and wine cafe where you can also buy local produce of olive oil, preserves, duck confit, etc.

We were unable to visit the Bodega of Yllera which is also quite well known, but we did visit their shop where we also tasted their wines before buying.

There is a long street from the hotel to the highway which is dotted with shops of offering degustation (tasting) and venta vino (wine buying).

The region overall is not as commercial or touristic as Rioja, which makes it much nicer one hand as it feels more rustic an real, but a bit more difficult as no one speaks English.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,699 posts
3,654 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rueda Wine Tour

ReachP:

Good report!

3. Re: Rueda Wine Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:16