We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on day trip from Barcelona

ny
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice on day trip from Barcelona

Hello

We are going to be in Barcelona for 4 days, and one of those 4 days we would like to dedicate to a day trip.

In general, which city is more recommended, Besalu or Girona/Figueres (if we only have 1 day for a day trip)?

If we see the Dali museum in Figueres, the second question is: how much time does the museum take? Is it possible to see the museum and the city of Girona in one day trip from Barcelona? (go there, see things, get back to Barcelona by night?)

Many thanks!

Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on day trip from Barcelona

Girona and Figueres are not really close together. I would recommend Girona, it has a really nice Medieval centre, very clean and easy going compared to the Gothic quarter in Barcelona. If you want to spend the day running by all means go to Figueres but personnaly I would stay and spend a relaxing time in Girona. If it is your 1st. trip to Barcelona, I wonder if you will have enough time to soak up a small part of what the city has to offer and still have time for a day trip - Girona is at lease an hour and 30 mins drive from Barcelona (depends on who is driving!!)

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on day trip from Barcelona

Hi,

Coming from the US I guess you're used to travelling distances! I agree, Girona would be a good trip for the day, it's a lovely, laid back city with lots of history. However, if you head straight for Figueres (about 2-2.5 hours if you clog it!) you could spend 2 hours soaking up the amazing Dali Museum, then head to Besalu (20 mins from Figueres). Besalu is well worth a visit if you want history. I lived in Besalu for a couple of years and can recommend restaurants if you're interested. Besalu back to Barcelona on the AP7 should take you about 2 hours.

Good luck!

3. Re: Advice on day trip from Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 14:18