We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia where do i go first what must i see?

yarm uk
2 posts
Save Topic
Catalonia where do i go first what must i see?

Hi we are going to Barcelona then we have a car for 11days. I have been told Aragon, Zaragoza and Girona are all great places. But we know nothing about them. Its just me and my Fiance. we leave 9/7/10

We want to see the real spain and the prettier parts rural is good and cheap is better B&B's we were thinking. Roughly i thought head towards Zaragoza and then towards Giron finally ending in Barcelona for the flight home.

We are wanting places to chill for days as well as seeing the sights.

I need a really good restaurant for the 16th can anyone suggest anything?

Are there any lakes or similar where you can chill for the day and catch some rays?

If we are wanting this sort of thing should we head up the cost ?

I need some advice and hoped someone would be able to help with ideas as we will wing it when we are there with all the advise i hope to get.

Are there any little towns that are set in the mountains that i should not miss?

Thanks for your time

Sant Jeroni
Mountains, Lookouts
Montana de Montserrat
Geologic Formations, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Mountains, National Parks
West Sussex England
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia where do i go first what must i see?

Cadaques and LLafranc on the coast are lovely places. Avoid Empuriabrava - an example of the worst of Spanish holiday destinations. Villas and appartments cheek by jowel and a horrendous town centre.

Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia where do i go first what must i see?

about lakes....there are a very few lakes in Catalonia. The biggest and the most famous is Banyoles. Banyoles have a pretty old town and the surroundings are beautifuls (Porqueres, Mieres, etc). Others places in the countryside of Girona? Santa PAu, Besalu, Camprodon (but its crowded with tourist from Barcelona).

More in the south, its beautiful the area of Montblanc and l'Espluga (with vinyegards and olive tree), Priorat..(but not lakes or similars)

3. Re: Catalonia where do i go first what must i see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2010, 05:17