We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local buses from airport

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
local buses from airport

I am a regular visitor to barca as my son works there..don, t want to use the airport bus as have my metro card....just need to know number of buses that take me to the centre....he lives in gothic area so know how to get to fontana metro....help appreciated...cheers!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,112 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: local buses from airport

For God's sake, please, BARCELONA.... not Barca. Barça is just the nickname of the football team, but not the city! Nobody local says that to refer to the city.

The 'metro card' -which I assume you mean a T-10 travelcard- can be also use in buses and trams within the same zone so you can take bus #46 in the airport which takes you to Plaça Espanya, from there you can take the metro to Liceu or Plaça Catalunya and walk to the Gothic Quarter. Note though this card CANNOT be used on the Aerobus -the 'other' bus that takes you from the airport to the city as that's run by a private company.

You mention Fontana (metro Line 3, green)... but that's not near the Gothic Quarter at all... in fact it's quite far up town in another neighbourhood called Gràcia.

Edited: 22 February 2014, 08:50
Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
200 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local buses from airport

thanks for info...stand corrected so sorry!!!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
10,112 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: local buses from airport

;)....

4. Re: local buses from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:18