We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1-2 days hiking in Pyrenees/Val de Freser, want to join?

warsaw
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
1-2 days hiking in Pyrenees/Val de Freser, want to join?

Hello!

In two weekes Im going to Catalonia for 5 days. Not enought time, I know, but still I would be trying to do as much as I can - Barcelona, Tarragona, some charging batteries on the beach, and of course mountains!

Been advised to chose Val de Freser and Nuria as easiest accesible from Barca with public transport.

Would like to do one/ or two day trecking there. ANyone wants to join? Hiking is much more fun with the company! :)

Also wondering if at this time would there be still lot of snow? Do U thing Puigmal is doable for rather beginner/intermadiate mountain lover?!

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1-2 days hiking in Pyrenees/Val de Freser, want to join?

hi,

about the last question: Puigmail (without snow and of course with goo weather) isn't considerated a difficult mountain...people sometimes call it a " cow's peak". But it's a bit long way and the last part it's the most difficult :it has more earring and free stones....Ah!! carry with you water, of course, because there isn't fountains in the way!!

warsaw
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1-2 days hiking in Pyrenees/Val de Freser, want to join?

Thanks, I will remember.

For now Im just wondering, been in Romania in Bucegi mountains last weekend - around 2000-2500m, still lot of snow, so I guess it may be similar in Pyrenees, but maybe as its in two weeks the snow will melt? Or its there whole year - this altitude?!

3. Re: 1-2 days hiking in Pyrenees/Val de Freser, want to join?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2009, 05:39