We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Base for hiking & road biking?

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Topic
Base for hiking & road biking?

My husband and I have 12 days in Spain at the end of May. We fly in and out of Barcelona and will spend 3-4 days there. For the remaining days, we are looking for suggestions for 2 other towns or cities (possibly in or around the Pyrenees) that would be a good base for moderate to difficult self-guided road biking and hiking day trips. Any ideas? Thanks!

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Base for hiking & road biking?

Hi, if you look at the Vias Verdes (green routes) site, you may find a couple of routes you fancy trying, from there, you could work out some intersting base. My choice would be the Girona region in Catalunya and it offers a few routes of varying difficulty.

http://www.viasverdes.com/GreenWays

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Base for hiking & road biking?

hi,

I have not idea about cycilng routes in Catalonia, but vies verdes could be a great idea...there are some btt centers in Catalonia that offers routes for cycling and tecnical support (but I never use it!!):

www.turismedecatalunya.com/btt/index.asp

(is an official center! I supposed this coud be a garantee!) They have some centers in the pirinees!!

Edited: 19 April 2012, 18:57
Belguim
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Base for hiking & road biking?

We are planning a similar trip to yours for this summer. A few days in Barcelona and then up in the mountains for some hikes. Could you tell me about your trip last year? What did you do? Where did you stay? What can you recommend?

thanks!

4. Re: Base for hiking & road biking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2013, 10:18