We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A general question about internet access...

Kansas City, KS
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
A general question about internet access...

I will be in Barcelona a few days and then continuing to travel through Spain, Italy, and Greece. I'm trying to avoid having to lug my laptop around with me. Once my memory cards fill up, if I go to an internet cafe am I able to use the USB drive to transfer photos to my portable hard drive, or do I only have access to the internet??

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A general question about internet access...

Using the USB to transfer photos will depend on the Internet Café. Most hotels with computers should allow you to use their system to transfer files, but again, it will depend on the hotel. Remember, a lot of the high-speed service in Spain is ASDL, not high-speed cable, so the transfer times are slower.

Why not simply purchase a larger card, or a couple of extra ones for your camera? At today's prices, they are a good buy.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A general question about internet access...

A lot of photo shops will transfer your shots onto CD for a fee, easier to carry round than a laptop, & you could even mail them back to your home address rather than take them with you.

Kansas City, KS
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A general question about internet access...

about how much is the disk transfer fee? i already have so many cards.. about 5 gb worth, but i'm going to be gone for 20 days i'm afraid i will run out of room! and i have a 60gb portable hard drive.. so that would be the easiest way to transfer em without having to buy more memory.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A general question about internet access...

To transfer your photos only costs a few euros, but I don't know the exact cost, it's a few years since we did that that way. We always take our laptop, but we always travel by car.

Post a separate question asking the cost.

5. Re: A general question about internet access...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 08:24