We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beaches near Barcelona

farmville, nc
8 posts
Save Topic
best beaches near Barcelona

In July our family of five will be going to Barcelona, Spain. After a stay in the city we are interested in spending several nights on the coast within an hour or two of Barcelona. Our kids are ages 15, 13, and 10. We prefer a family atmosphere. It would be nice to have sandy beaches as opposed to rocky beaches. We don't want huge crowds but do not need to be secluded. Please let us know if you have a beach or two to recommend and any moderately-priced hotels or apartments. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best beaches near Barcelona

Hi.

I recommend you Casteldelfels(30 minutes or less from Barcelona city), you can go by train as well.

And the apartments in Barcelona city, when my parents came,

they enjoyed their stay in:

http://www.barcelona-guesthouse.com

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona City Tour
Barcelona City Tour
2,169 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,600 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best beaches near Barcelona

The Costa Brava coast north of Barcelona (from French border to Blanes) is much prettier than the coast near Barcelona and I'd suggest you go up there. Beautiful villages on coast and inland, a nice area to explore. Having paid to cross the Atlantic and having coast in your own state in any case I think you want something a bit more special than beach towns and resorts near Barcelona offer . I know you've posted re Sitges but onthispost you aretalikng of an hour or 2 which gives a lot more scope.

We stay a week in July every year at Platja de Pals (Pals beach) which is mid Costa Brava and a good base for exploring. Long sandy beach so never gets crowded. We always stay at the same apartments, right on the beach. Someone else has posted a review of the place here (I've never got roundto it). www.apartamentsgolf.com is website.

The only negative factor for you might be that the section of beach used by nudists is nearby though they do normally dress to walk past. Topless is very common on all Spanish beaches in any case.

Pals isn't a resort at all; if you want something with more of that, try somewhere like Llafranc or Tamariu in the same area . Begur is the town in between but inland on a hilltop (as is Pals town itself).

Mentioned in this post
Costa Brava
Costa Brava
Province of Girona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Pals
Pals
Costa Brava, Spain
Tamariu
Tamariu
Palafrugell, Spain
Begur
Begur
Costa Brava, Spain
3. Re: best beaches near Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 18:19