We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week itinerary help.

Fishers, IN
Level Contributor
286 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
2 week itinerary help.

My husband and I will be in Spain the end of Sept. and I am trying to plan our itinerary. Thinking of probably around 2 weeks.

We have rervations for El Builli on 9/28 so was thinking maybe 1-2 days is Roses rather than traveling from Barcelona for dinner.

I think I would llike to visit Barcelona, the Alhambra, Cordoba, Toledo and Madrid. Maybe Seville if I can get enough time. We don't like to change hotels every night and I would rather see more of less places if necessary in order to really see them.

Can we get by with trains/planes? or do you think a car would be easier? We don't have problems with driving in foreign countries.

Thanks for any help or assistance.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 week itinerary help.

Check out this previous post with some ideas for you - tripadvisor.com/…5663209

Madrid
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 week itinerary help.

You can take a plane from Barcelona to Sevilla, then hire a car to visit Andalucia and finally take the AVE train from Sevilla to Madrid.

Between Granada and Cordoba are two historical towns: Ubeda and Baeza, Renaissance architecture and good local food.

I recommend you:

* Restaurante Museo Agrícola (Ubeda): pipirrana, lomo de orza.

* Restaurante Juanito (Baeza): escabeche de perdiz.

Check out this site (not www):

httt://geneura.ugr.es/ubeda.html

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,593 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 week itinerary help.

From Roses you can go to Cadaqués which is magical; from there to Port de la Selva and Sant Pere de Rodes monastery perched high. You need a car to do that though. Also nearby is the Greco-Roman site at Empuries.

Do include Seville too!

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8 posts
527 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 week itinerary help.

hi:

read your question. i am planning a similar trip, excluding madrid and teledo. what is best? car or train or both. what was the highlight place? which one would you skip?

thanks,

jared

st thomas, vi

Fishers, IN
Level Contributor
286 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 week itinerary help.

We only had time for a day trip to Toledo which was fine. We took a train in the morning, wandered all day, then came back around 4-5pm. If

Fishers, IN
Level Contributor
286 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 week itinerary help.

Jared - I just re-read your post and see I got it wrong. We went to Seville (took train from Madrid) - spent 2 nights there. That was plenty to walk around the city, visit the Almadraba and the cathedral. Too the train to Granada (only there 1-1/2 days and it poured rain when we were at the Alhambra for like 4 hours - such a bummer). This was enough time there. Took overnight train to Barcelona (which was actually very fun - we book a sleeping room with our own bathroom; included dinner and breakfast the next day - did this ahead of time on the internet). Spent 5 days in Barcelona. I think this gave us sufficient time to see the city. It was really fun; we were there during the festival in Sept. and saw lots different street festivals, parades, etc. Took the train to town near Roses (name is escaping me at the moment), then taxi to Roses.

We bought train tickets in Spain for everything but the overnight train and found it quite easy and efficient to use the train.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

7. Re: 2 week itinerary help.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 23:17