We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets in Advance

Hereford
Level Contributor
148 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets in Advance

Hi There

Just making the final plans for our first visit to Barcelona next week (UK half term holidays). I've booked our tickets online for the Sagrada Familia visit but wondering how busy some of the other sights may be and whether I'd need to book those online as well to avoid queues etc. Other stuff we are interested in are Casa Batllo, La Pedrera, Park Guell and maybe a Camp Nou Stadium Tour (if my wife will let me!)

I don't want to have too much booked in advance so we have some freedom (and the costs start to mount up!) but equally I don't want to miss out or spend too long in queues. I guess the city is busy pretty much all year round but no idea if October Holiday week is any worse than the summer

Appreciate a bit of guidance

Cheers

Andy

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Basilica of the Sagrada Familia
Basilica of the Sagrada...
137,746 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Casa Batllo
Casa Batllo
49,762 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Catalonia La Pedrera
Catalonia La Pedrera
643 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Park Guell
Park Guell
65,637 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Camp Nou
Camp Nou
32,370 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
9 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
68,015 posts
3,765 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets in Advance

Prebook the Sagrada Familia Basilica, the Palau de la Musica Catalana, Park Guell and the Picasso Museum.

Mentioned in this post
137,746 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Palau
Palau
Sardinia, Italy
Cerveceria Catalana
Cerveceria Catalana
411 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Park Guell
Park Guell
65,637 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Museo Picasso
Museo Picasso
8,614 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets in Advance

We spent Oct 7 - 14 in the city. I had planned to prebook almost everything to avoid lines and ensure we could get in. Given the political situation I changed my mind in case strikes or an escalation in tensions forced us to change plans. The only items I purchased before leaving the US was Sagrada Familia because it was actually selling out days in advance for a tower tour and our Barcelona soccer game tickets. I was able to book all other items with my phone the day before we planned to visit. Camp Nou was not crowded at all for the stadium and museum tour. Casa Batllo and Park Guell were both very busy and I suggest booking in advance. If you like beaches the water is still warm and the beaches were not crowded. Playa de Bogatell was very nice and only a 12 Euro taxi ride from the city. Have fun!

Edited: 18 October 2017, 14:10
Mentioned in this post
137,746 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Camp Nou
Camp Nou
32,370 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Casa Batllo
Casa Batllo
49,762 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Park Guell
Park Guell
65,637 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Bogatell Beach
Bogatell Beach
294 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Euro Hotel Barcelona Port
643 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets in Advance

At this time of the year there is no need to pre book in advance, although I suggest pre booking places with a guided tour (either as an option that you want to use or as the only option, like Palau de la Música) or you might not get the language you want.

In any case, you can also pre book at the last minute (a day before or even an hour or so before you get there), I did this in Paris and it was great.

Just make sure that you can pre book for the same day and that they accept mobile tickets (either with a special app,showing the PDF file on the screen or the confirmation email, most do but some might have a problem with this).

Mentioned in this post
Palau
Palau
Sardinia, Italy
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets in Advance

the smart move is to book Sagrada Familia and Park Guell. Had to wait 3 days for Sagrada to have an opening and would have had to wait all day 730pm if I wanted to stick around for Park Guell. All the other attractions were a short wait, half an hour wait or less. I was there 4-10 Oct.

Mentioned in this post
137,746 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Park Guell
Park Guell
65,637 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,465 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets in Advance

You should always book Sagrada Familia regardless of when you go. I would also suggest you book Park Guell. Palau de la Musica should have walk-up tickets as long as you get there a couple hours in advance at this time of the year. Casa Batllo and Le Pedrera will have lines but likely reasonable ones.

Mentioned in this post
137,746 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Park Guell
Park Guell
65,637 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Palau
Palau
Sardinia, Italy
Casa Batllo
Casa Batllo
49,762 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Catalonia La Pedrera
Catalonia La Pedrera
643 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Hereford
Level Contributor
148 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tickets in Advance

Thanks folks, great advice

Sagrada is all booked up so that one is in the bag and I'll get Park Guell booked later today. The others I think I'll take a chance on and book while I'm out there depending on what we want to do. All the buildings are pretty expensive for a family of four so we'll have to pick and choose. Any thoughts on whether Casa Batllo or La Pedrera is the better visit (not sure I can afford both!)

Cheers

Andy

Mentioned in this post
Park Guell
Park Guell
65,637 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Casa Batllo
Casa Batllo
49,762 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Catalonia La Pedrera
Catalonia La Pedrera
643 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
13,641 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tickets in Advance

I doubt that there's much in it. Both are worthwhile. My preference is for La Pedrera because of the roof but others will opt for Casa Batllo. They're close together so perhaps go and have a look at the outside when you arrive and decide based on that. They are radically different in outward appearance.

Some free stuff for you, if you are around on the 28th or 29th. There is a castellers event in Barcelona at 12 midday on the 29th on Carrer Comte d'Urgell . Details should be in the first panel on this page:

http://www.cccc.cat/continguts/octubre-54

and click "Com arribar-hi" to see a map of the location. It's central.

On the 28th (scroll down on the same page) there's a similar event in nearby Sant Cugat, a couple of Euros each for a pleasant train ride from Plaça de Catalunya. It's in Placa d'Octavià which is a great location but I mention it because it has three very strong groups taking part, including Castellers de Vilafranca who have been consistently Top 3 in the world for years. I can almost guarantee that, if you haven't seen this before, it will be one of the most memorable sights of the holiday. Check "castellers de vilafranca' on YouTube for a better perception.

Mentioned in this post
Catalonia La Pedrera
Catalonia La Pedrera
643 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Casa Batllo
Casa Batllo
49,762 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Hotel Catalunya
Hotel Catalunya
461 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
19 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tickets in Advance

I vote Batllo I think you see more of the interior building and you go on the roof as well. We also enjoyed the tour of Santa Maria Del Mar and the Cathedral. The roof top walks were great. You mention Camp Nou, we also went to a Barcelona B Team soccer game. Only 10 - 15 Euro per ticket for the best seats. You can book those on line as well. The games are held in the Mini Estadi right next to Camp Nou.

Mentioned in this post
Maria del Mar
Maria del Mar
442 Reviews
Lloret de Mar, Spain
Camp Nou
Camp Nou
32,370 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
643 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
9. Re: Tickets in Advance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 October 2017, 08:05

Reply to: Tickets in Advance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted