We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desperate for accomodation this Friday & Sat for wife and I

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Desperate for accomodation this Friday & Sat for wife and I

My wife and I are looking accomodation arriving Friday 27-4-07 for 2 nights preferably in a hostal / 3 star

We have flights booked but cant get anywhere. All agencies have told us they are full

As we're both nearly 50, we're definately too old to sleep rough but if nothing comes up we'll have to cancel

Anyone got a room available please?

Stephen

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,204 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desperate for accomodation this Friday & Sat for wife and I

Why did you leave it so last minute?! It's a long holiday weekend here (to bank hol on May 1st) and lots of Spaniards are doing city breaks as well as the usual weekenders from elsewhere in Europe.

I also left it late to book this coming Sat night for us inZaragoza but last Sat managed to get something through www.centraldereservas.com where other bookers were full so give them a try.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Desperate for accomodation this Friday & Sat for wife and I

If you can't find anything in Barcelona, you could try looking for hotels in Sitges or any other town outside of Barcelona that has easy access with the train. Would it be too expensive to change your plane tickets to another weekend that isn't so busy?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desperate for accomodation this Friday & Sat for wife and I

Yea, it would be not only too expensive but also its the only time we can go and it looks like we're pretty much snookered!

I don't really know the other towns and as we only have the weekend, a lot of our time might be taken up travelling to and from the hotel which is not good

Thanks anyway, Stephen

Alltea, Spain
Level Contributor
231 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desperate for accomodation this Friday & Sat for wife and I

May be a bit late for you, but you could try:

AC hotels (they have their own web site)

NH hotels (ditto)

Also when I am travelling in Spain I use

www. CentralR.com

Good luck

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Desperate for accomodation this Friday & Sat for wife and I

I've had a quick look for you but couldn't find anything in Barcelona. There are 3 hotels coming up in Sitges, only 1/2 hour away from Barcelona by train, check them out on the tourist office website - www.sitgestour.com/reserves-online/index.php

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Desperate for accomodation this Friday & Sat for wife and I

Well, I've spent hours today ringing round and the sites suggested but to no avail. Sitges is a bit far out also thanks

I'm going to get the flight out and take a chance but I'm worried

Thanks again guys, Stephen

United States
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Desperate for accomodation this Friday & Sat for wife and I

I did a search for you on LASTMINUTE.COM

They had 5 hotels with availability!!

Good Luck, I tried to post the link...I wasn't able to

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Desperate for accomodation this Friday & Sat for wife and I

Hi Stephen

I had a look in owners direct & the apartment at the link below does seem to be available

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S4683.htm

There are several other apts suitable for 2 people where the availability isn't specified without contacting the owners.I know it's late but it might be worth a try

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/barcelona.htm

Hope you find something

Portugal
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Desperate for accomodation this Friday & Sat for wife and I

Hi

Take a look at Ayre Hotel Gran Via, near Plaça Espanya, it seems to be available, though the price they refer is 560€.

10. Re: Desperate for accomodation this Friday & Sat for wife and I

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 10:17