We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Football

We arrive in Europe on Sunday 17 June in Barcelona.

We'd love to see a football game during our 2 months in Europe.

But as far as I can see this is at the very end of the season.

Does anyone know or how would I check when games are on.

If there aren't any games on in Barcelona is there a pub or somewhere to go to watch the game where fans will watch the game.

Any help would be appreciated

Portugal
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Football

It seems that the last game is just on Sunday, 17 June, Gimnastic- Barcelona. You may check FCBarcelona's site. There you have lots of information.

At least, you can alwyas do the Camp Nou Tour! It's not the same, I know, but it's very interesting. We visit the press room, the changing room area, we go down the tunnel, can seat and have a panoramic view of the stadium, go up to the press cabins and visit the Club Museum, admiring all the different trophies, photographs and so on.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football

That game on 17/6 isn't in Barcelona is it?

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Football

Hi,

No this game is played in Tarragona, just 80 kms. south of Barceloona. You could take a day trip to Tarragona, and see its Roman ruins and take a walk around the city.Quite interesting.

Hope to have helped.

Jose

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Football

Sorry, me again.

If your arrive on Sunday 17 of june it would be a little rushed to go to Tarragona on the same day. Maybe it would be better to see the game on any bar. Most of the bars in Barcelona will show the game as it is offered on a pay-per view system.

Jose

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Football

Sorry. I pressed the submit key very quickly.A this point it´s not known if the game is palyed on Saturday or on Sunday and whether

is offered on pay-per view system or in normal TV. It´s a matter of

television interest and it´s normaly announced two weeks before the game.

Check in later on.

Jose

Portugal
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Football

Yes, it's the last game Barcelona plays, this season, but it's the visitor team.

That's why I said it only remains the chance of visiting the stadium, to feel a bit the Barça from within, besides watching the game on TV, of course.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Football

In the weekend 16/17 of June, Espanyol (the other club from Barcelona) plays at the Olimpic Stadium against Deportivo Coruña.That´s de other chance you have of seeing a live football match. Again, it´s not sure if they play on Saturday or Sunday, it´s normally known two weeks before the game.

If you are interested, you could have a look at: www.rcdespanyol.com.

Hope to have helped.

Jose.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Football

We don't arrive until 5pm on Sunday 17th so won't be able to make the game if its out of town.

I just wanted to experience the atmosphere of football in Europe.

But I guess we'll just have to settle with a good bar.

Thanks

9. Re: Football

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 04:15