We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merce Festival

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
N.Ireland
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Merce Festival

My boyfriend and I are wanting to go to barcelona on Sept 24th returning 28th sept but are having trouble getting a hotel. Is this when the merce festival is on? Can anyone make any suggestions that could help us out?

Many Thanks

Jill

Vancouver, B.C
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Merce Festival

Hey there,

I will be at the Merce fest. It is on Monday the 24th. We are staying at the Bernat Il in Calella. Its not in downtown Barcelona but its only a 6 euro bus ride.

Randy

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Merce Festival

Thanks randy i appreciate it

Jillian

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,171 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Merce Festival

Randy

The festival is 4 days long - the grande finale, usually known as piromusical, looks like it is on 24th - we'll miss it because that's the day we travel home but we've seen half a dozen or so. Much of the really exciting stuff happens in the three days before - look out especially for Correfoc (see youtube) and Xambanga - and seek out all the free night time concerts. Well known acts from the British Isles appearing include Travis, The Undertones, The Thrills and Hard-fi and from N. America My Morning Jacket who we might well check out.

Ditch your footie tickets and stay in the city centre - the Nou Camp is good but you'd be crazy to miss the festival.

If you enjoy wine wander down to Moll de la Fusta for the Mostra de Vins i Cavas ( …bcn.cat/ab/… ) and seek out some exquisite pink cava.

Jilly

You're a day or two late, really but if you can't find an hotel, try an apartment - oh-barcelona.com and visitbcn.com have been useful in the past. Good luck and try and get there a day or two earlier if you can.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Merce Festival

I'm going to be there too and I want in on this string :)

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,171 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Merce Festival

lola

You're in for a treat. If you don't know much about the Merce, take a look at our report from 2004 on our website

http://www.avengerpenguins.com - you'll see a link on the LHS. Loads of photos in the Gallery, from the Photos link at the bottom of the home page.

Be prepared for very late nights, adrenalin and if you join in with Correfoc maybe even a little danger. Be aware that any plans you make might get changed at very short notice because you hear some music just around the corner - and get a programme as soon as you can, even if you don't read Catalan/Spanish.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Merce Festival

Chris and Julie; you two rock. I'm printing your info out and taking it with me. As a travelaholic, I'm IMPRESSED.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,171 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Merce Festival

Thanks Lola, glad you enjoyed it.

We'll probably be in the popular Taxidermista bar in Placa Reial when the music finishes on more than one night, so if you spot us there, come and say hello.

Chris

8. Re: Merce Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 22:15