We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accom for under 100e for family- help! is it possible?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
accom for under 100e for family- help! is it possible?

Any suggestion of clean cheap accom for a family of 4 in centre of Barcelona? I am hoping for under 100 euros as have had great luck in all the other cities in Spain so far, I have booked. We are going in January which is off season as well. I really want close to everything as well, but not necessarily right on top of the Ramblas. I have emailed many places but are all in the 150 euro price range. Not great for the sad Australian dollar!!

Thanks

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,839 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accom for under 100e for family- help! is it possible?

Have you looked at apartments? We've used both oh-barcelona.com and visit-bcn.com several times and found them good and at least one of them has an "under 100" link. They normally expect a stay of at least three days, though.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accom for under 100e for family- help! is it possible?

We will shortly be staying at Hostal Poblenou (website by the same name) in a triple room for E90 with breakfast. They also have apartments which they advertise at from E100 for 4 people. We wanted an apartment, but they had no vacancies for us.

It's a few stops on the Metro from Las Ramblas, but very close to the beach.

I'll be posting a review when we return in October.

BTW, I have read that Barcelona is very pricey for Spain. This deal was the cheapest I could find.

Good luck!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accom for under 100e for family- help! is it possible?

Barcelona is popular for weekend breaks with Euroeans all year round and trade fairs and congresses are the biggest fillers of hotels so no off-season really in Barcelona.

Price will be affected by age of the children too (if they are still children). Apartment wd be most convenient option, not least because you can save on some meals.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accom for under 100e for family- help! is it possible?

Hi everyone, thank you for your advice,

I am glad I am not going crazy and Barcelona is as expensive as i thought! I have just been given advise on Ally's guest house in L'exiample. For 110 euros breakfast and taxes for the four of us. I think that will have to do. Thanks for the other guest house suggestion and apartments. Don't want apartment as too lonely, like the idea of help at hand if needed.

Thanks all.