We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel the Inglaterra or the Pulitzer?

Chicago
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which Hotel the Inglaterra or the Pulitzer?

We will be traveling to Barcelona in March, which hotel would you recommend? They are almost the same price for a standard double. Is one in a better location or much nicer property, we will be traveling in March so I do not think we would be using the pool. Any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,790 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel the Inglaterra or the Pulitzer?

We just stayed at the Inglaterra and I wouldn't hesitate reccommending it to someone. The room was nice with a great bathroom and it was made up every day without us asking. It was towards the back and quiet so I don't know if a room facing the street would be noisy. The people at the desk all spoke English and were very helpful with questions and suggestions. There was a rooftop terrace which we looked at once but there is so much to do in Barcelona that we didn't use it otherwise. And we didn't get breakfast at the hotel which saved some money and we were glad we didn't as there are so many places to have cafe con leche and a pastry or a larger breakfast. Two or three within a few blocks of the hotel, and you can have breakfast at the Boqueria.

But both hotels look to be in the same area, just off the top of Las Ramblas so, I don't think the location needs to be a deciding factor.

hth

Pjk

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
841 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel the Inglaterra or the Pulitzer?

I would recommend your Hotel Inglaterra. It's the first Boutique Hotel in the centre of Barcelona and sister property of the 5 Star Hotel Majestic. It's cheaper than Pulitzer for sure. Both of them are in the same area.

You can check it on

www.hotel-inglaterra.com

Enjoy your stay

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
760 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel the Inglaterra or the Pulitzer?

We stayed at the Hotel Pulitzer last March and really enjoyed our stay there. It is located on a quiet street just off the Placa Catalunya. We spent a total of 6 nights there (5 nights, then one last night before our return home). The staff was extremely helpful and very nice. Our rate included breakfast - and I must say was one of the best hotel breakfasts we have had in Europe. A wonderful buffet of hot and cold items as well as eggs made to order. After our first morning there the staff always remembered our drinks and that my son wanted a hard-boiled egg.

There is a lovely rooftop terrace, but we did not spend time up there as it was a bit cool when we were there. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

New York
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel the Inglaterra or the Pulitzer?

I stayed in the Pulitzer in September and it was such a nice experience. If you look it rankings here on TA are usually about 6 or 7 in Barcelona. The hotel itself was beautiful. It was very well designed and very nicely decorated. As previously mentioned the breakfast was very nice.

What really sets this hotel apart from other places I've stayed is the service. Everyone, and I mean every person I came into contact there was so helpful. Read the TA reviews here and notice how the manager responds to every review, good, bad or indifferent.

I'd written him an e-mail before I was going(as per his invitation to contact him in all of his TA responses) and he responded to me immediately. The second morning I was there I was talking to the concierge, he asked if I had time to meet someone. It was The hotels manager who took the time to come out and thank me for staying in the Pulitzer. He also offered his services if I needed anything.

As for the location you can't beat this area off of Placa de Catalunya.

5. Re: Which Hotel the Inglaterra or the Pulitzer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 01:19