We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

non designer shopping

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
5 posts
Save Topic
non designer shopping

Hi there, will be spending 5 nights in Barcelona in March, would like to do a bit of shopping but don't want to waste valuable time looking for shops

Can't afford designer clothes, so where is best area for cheaper stuff ie similar to your typical high street prices

Info would be much appreceiated

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: non designer shopping

Hi,

I am not sure what kind of clothes you are looking for,

anyway, you won't have a problem in finding shops

in the so called shopping line Portal del Angel - Passeig de Gracia - Diagonal

outlets in Girona Street

or shops in Gracia district,

you can choose some ideas

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?

ff=44&geo=187497&scope=2&q=shopping&returnTo=%2FShowTopic-g187497-i44-k1708854-Non_designer_shopping-Barcelona_Catalonia.html

:)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: non designer shopping

If you like Zara there is one on nearly every street.Also there is a top shop.

There are some really lovely shoe shops around the Ramblas area (Great it you have small feet) but with me having size 7s its sometimes a proble.

You will love just wandering around its great and the atmosphire is Fantastic,just watch your bag and purse like you would at home.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,342 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: non designer shopping

In the old days, having UK size 7 shoes was a problem (I know, I always bought shoes on trips to England) but Spanish women are getting taller and their feet are getting longer so size 7(40) is now fairly easy to find. It's the small sizes that are becoming difficult I am told.

Portal del Angel is a street full of mid-range fashion shops. Carry on down Portal del Angel and you'll find chains and boutiques also on Portaferrissa. Pelai has chains (incl C&A) and also lots of shoe shops.There's a big Zara and a big H&M on Passeig de Gracia just above Plaça Catalunya.

For more individual designs: Banys Nous; also El Born area (near Picasso Museum) though I think they tend to be pricier.

4. Re: non designer shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 04:15