We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barcelona bus routes---any maps?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
107 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
barcelona bus routes---any maps?

Hi,

Going to barcelona for 12 days, and been trying to find any sites that have a simple bus route map, but none came up yet. I know in london there is a map that has mainly the tourist attractions, and it had the bus routes that go thru them. Anybody know if Barcelona has something similar? And yes, i know the metro is faster, and better, but many times i love getting on the buses as is a nice way to see the city, watch the locals! :)

thanks in advance

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: barcelona bus routes---any maps?

Try this site for public transportation:

w3.bcn.es/XMLServeis/…00.html

Barcelona is a very walkable city. The Bari Gothic is best seen on foot.

NYC
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: barcelona bus routes---any maps?

I'm interested to know if there is a website that has all the bus routes mapped out. This would be helpful to plan out trips. I've looked at TMB's website but it only shows individual routes.

NYC
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: barcelona bus routes---any maps?

I re-read my post and thought I probably wasn't clear. I'm looking for a map that has all the local bus routes mapped on it.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: barcelona bus routes---any maps?

not sure it exists, and it any case it wil be really confusing. There are many bus lines and teh city centre is very compact, so all lines put togheter make a HUGE map (like the one on display at the bus stops, still difficult to read)

You can search line by line at

http://www.emt-amb.com/links/eng/ihome.htm

tmb.net/en_US/…planols.jsp

Or, even better, search transport options from A to B here

www.tmb.net/vullanar/en_US/vullanar.jsp

and check the touristy routes here

tmb.net/en_US/…rutesinteres.jsp

Mos sight are walking distance

hope it helps!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: barcelona bus routes---any maps?

Hi Perseus.

The tourist office in Pl Catalunya can give you a map with all the lines on it. There are 86 I think, many of which are really helpful. (I appreciate that you want to see one before you get there). Clearly you can cross-reference this with the free tourist map (or just draw the sights onto the bus guide). :O)

The metro ticket includes bus travel.

I would advise you to use the Barri buses also. These are small district buses (the 116 serves Parc Guell rather well) which are great fun for seeing how locals really do things.

Have fun!

6. Re: barcelona bus routes---any maps?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 19:19