We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chic & Basic Borne

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Chic & Basic Borne

After almost a month of nothing but looking at apts in the Barcelona we have decided on the Chic & Borne Hotel for our 4 night visit in late May.

Any suggestions on dining/nice patio's for a drink or anything else interesting would be greatly appreciated.

Any feedback on the hotel would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chic & Basic Borne

Hi Dan,

I've booked here for a stay in April - I'll let you know how I get on!

F

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chic & Basic Borne

Thanks ! I'll be looking for your review.

Dan

oslo
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chic & Basic Borne

I just returned from Barcelona and chicandborn hotel, and we liked it a loot. The staff is good in English and very service minded. Free coffee and water in the lounge ion the second floor. The neighborhood is the best. Go down to "Placa de Santa Maria" there you have a nice Wine bar called "La vinya del senore" and lot´s of others bars and restaurants. One good Tapas bar was "La lonja de tapas" a bit touristic but very nice and different tapas.You got the "Gimletbar" a very old and retro style bar, and the Barman is just doing the Classic drinks, opening ten o clock in the evening. There's a loot of bars, it´s a good/cool neighborhood. Other good restaurants in the neighborhood was "Comerc 24" a bit more pricey but WERY good, new style tapas of one of the former chef`s of ElBulli. "Santa Chatarina" Sit in the bar and order tapas it´s good and the restaurant looks good to. ENJOY.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chic & Basic Borne

Thanks for the tips! I'll let you know which bars and restaurants we end up visiting.

Dan

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chic & Basic Borne

I stayed at Chic and Basic Born over the Easter weekend (got back yesterday). My husband and I loved it! The hotel was fab, with white walls, great furniture and music playing in all the corridors. Our room was huge and very comfortable, and the free coffee and bottled water a nice touch.

The hotel is in a great location, right next to the Parc de Cuitadella and with lots of good bars and restaurants within walking distance.

We enjoyed evening meals at Little Italy on C. Rec, El Foro (directly opposite the hotel, best meal of the weekend) and Senor Parellada. We had drinks in the hotel bar, Pitin bar and a few other bars on Passieg del Born.

We also ate at la Reina de Raval, on Rambla de Raval one lunchtime and at one of the restaurants at Maremagnum in Port Vell.

One place not to miss for coffee or a drink is Bosc de les Fades at the Wax museum - the interior looks like your sat in a lantern-lit wood!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chic & Basic Borne

Awesome! Thanks for your reply. Do you have a terrace or balcony at the hotel?

Did you walk to the beach area? Any suggestions on a restaurant there?

Thanks again...I'm so excited.

Dan

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chic & Basic Borne

Lots of the rooms do have balconies. Our room (no 1)didn't but we had a series of skylights instead (I've just added our hotel review and some photos to this site) so we could see the sky from our bed!

We didn't eat at any of them, but there was a series of bars/restaurants at Barceloneta beach/Port Olimpic that looked really nice - with huge bed style loungers/seats as well as normal terrace tables and chairs, near to the big fish sculpture - Peix. Bestial is one of them which I think gets great reviews - it was listed in our guide book anyway.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chic & Basic Borne

Forgot to say, yes we walked to the beach. On our first day after checking into the hotel we walked through the Parc de la Cuitadella and down to the beach as the weather was really nice.

In fact we walked everywhere in Barcelona. The only times we didn't were to take the metro to Park Guell and the funicular to Montjuic (and the bus to and from the airport!).

Have a great time!

9. Re: Chic & Basic Borne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 11:16