We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quirky Facts Required

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Quirky Facts Required

Does anyone have any interesting/quirky stories/ghost stories about any towns/villages/cities in the regions of the Costa Brava/ Figueres/Girona/Besalu/Barcelona?

Many thanks!

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quirky Facts Required

I too am interested in ghost stories mostly some around barri gotic.

Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
956 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quirky Facts Required

In the 1970's whist docked in the harbour the British Aircraft Carrier H.M.S ArkRoyal lost on of its tractors . One of the sailors lost control of the said tractor and drove it off the flight deck.

They tried to get it back before they sailed but could not find it so they left it there.

To the best of my knowledge its still down there.

I was told this by my brother who was an aircraft handler on the Ark Royal at the time.

If you want to know why they have tractors on ships they are used to move the aircraft about on deck.

Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
956 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quirky Facts Required

That's Barcelona Harbour.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quirky Facts Required

Many thanks! Keep 'em coming!

5. Re: Quirky Facts Required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 20:17