We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffet Style Dining (All you can eat)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Buffet Style Dining (All you can eat)

I have read a few things around the internet about restaurants in Barcelona where one pays a flat fee and can just go to town with the food, eating until no more food can be consumed. Does such a place exist? Ideally it would be awesome if a place had an all you can drink (soft and alcoholic) because regardless of the substance, I drink quite a bit. Wikitravel mentions a place near Sagrada Familia, but isn't very specific about it. Headed to BCN in the summer so I'm just looking for a few cheaper places to go, as I will be on a bit of a budget. Thanks a lot guys and girls!

frankenberry
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffet Style Dining (All you can eat)

The buffet is directly across the street from the Sagrada Familia, north/west side. Didn't go there, so I can't tell about the food.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffet Style Dining (All you can eat)

Hi

There is also a buffet restaurant at the marina. Can't remember the name but it is on the ground floor of the complex at the end towards Pizza Hut.

Very cheap & quite tasty. Only one drink free though as far as I can remember.

Also,another one at Maremagnum near the aquarium.

Enjoy

New Jersey
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffet Style Dining (All you can eat)

Thanks a lot for your help guys! If anyone has more suggestions, please, go ahead an post them. Its always good to have options...

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffet Style Dining (All you can eat)

If you don't mind a diet based on salads, pizza and just a few choices of other hot dishes, FresCo chain has several restaurants around town. Lactuca is a similar brand

I honestly prefer to eat in a regular restaurant but FresCo was a handy place to have a quick lunch when I used to work in my former office near Plaça Catalunya

There are at least a of couple buffet places in El Born/Gotic area I saw passing by, but I can't remember details and I've no idea about quality.

Don't think any buffet-stye place allows "all you can drink" (even water) because this would help customers to eat more....

However, to keep your budget, you can get great deals for lunch eating the "Menu del Dia" than most restaurants do offer. These are set menus, 3 courses, drinks (normally house wine include) and sometimes even coffee, for 10-15-20€ (prices depending on the place, more expensive on weekends). Most places list their "Menu" outside so you can choose. "Menus del dia" is aimed to locals, and it's a great way to try local dishes without spending a fortune. For instance, usually Thursday is "paella day" in most places

New Jersey
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffet Style Dining (All you can eat)

Thanks belsaita. I guess in retrospect the "all you can drink" idea was pretty stupid, considering that's what a lot of restaurants make a majority of their money on. I'll be on the lookout for the FresCo chain. Sounds very tasty.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffet Style Dining (All you can eat)

Thats very odd, in america, at least in the south most refills ANYWHERE are free. even fast food places.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffet Style Dining (All you can eat)

ca8790, FresCo is OK, but don't expect much of it. The same as for most buffets.... well I guess you get what you pay for. More quantity, less quality. At least places like FresCo, as based in salads/pasta/vegetables that are cheap, can offer a reasonable quality

chasm4u, you'll find the "free refill" is something unheard of in most places of Europe. Like having more than 1-2 ice cubes (if any) in your drink ;)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
47 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buffet Style Dining (All you can eat)

That is indeed odd that the idea of free refills is nowhere to be found in Spain. When I was in Madrid last I ate at several different McDonald's and I don't believe there were free refills even there (unlike the American counterparts), however I always got the Mahou (very different for an American!) so I wouldn't be a good one to ask. At any rate, thanks a bunch for your help!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buffet Style Dining (All you can eat)

if everything, everywhere was like at home... what would be the point on traveling? ;)

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buffet Style Dining (All you can eat)

Um I never traveled to anywhere where I had to pay for refills! lol