We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xmas day meal in Barcelona

Uk Lancashire
Level Contributor
391 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
xmas day meal in Barcelona

Hi we are going to Barcelona from the 23rd to the 27th of Dec. Will all the resturants etc be open also can anyone tell me of a traditional resturant that is priced at say £80 for 2 with a few wines thrown in for xmas day ? I note most Tapas places have shot up in price we are looking to do the city on a budget. Last time we came the EURO was a lot better than it is now. Any advide and recommendations would be appreciated.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: xmas day meal in Barcelona

Check "forum search" and see places mentioned in the past. There is also a festive meal on Xmas Eve here and I don't think everywhere is open Xmas Day. I know one place I contacted once about this, Asador de Aranda (where we celebrate family birthdays etc) said people book from year to year for Xmas. We're always in England then so can'thelp more really.

You mean the pound was better last time, don't you (better for those of us with euros this way round!)

Uk Lancashire
Level Contributor
391 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: xmas day meal in Barcelona

sorry yes the pound is not good at all at the mo. I will have a look at this place you mention thanks x

Uk Lancashire
Level Contributor
391 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: xmas day meal in Barcelona

the plce you mention seems to be a chin of resturants i put the name in google what resturant name did you visit and where abouts was it please

Kraków
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
622 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: xmas day meal in Barcelona

Check

http://www.asadordearanda.com/

Uk Lancashire
Level Contributor
391 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: xmas day meal in Barcelona

thats the same one i went on to there is no mention of where it is or any menu. If you click Barcelona at the top of the page it brings up a list of diffent places. Where do I look for the address and menu. How much per head is this place please ?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,465 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: xmas day meal in Barcelona

Hi,

If you put your mouse on the Barcelona tab, you will find a pull down menu of 5 restaurants - click on any one of the first 3 and you will get a page on that restauarant. This includes a map button and a menu button in the bottom left corner (no prices though). The 4th restaurant has the map but no menu for some reason. The last one opens a new window it has menu and prices, but is in Catalan and Castillian

Uk Lancashire
Level Contributor
391 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: xmas day meal in Barcelona

thanks whats the best one out of them all

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: xmas day meal in Barcelona

The one we go to (because the building is so special) is "El Frare blanc" on Avinguda Tibidabo. Speciality is roast baby lamb (cordero) and that's all we've ever eaten there, always preceded by jabugo ham, peppers, chorizo, a kind of black pudding etc). These are all specialities of Castile (Aranda del Duero is in Castile in Ribera del Duero wine region).

However there is a menu with a few more choices.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,465 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: xmas day meal in Barcelona

That's the one that is open on Christmas Day according to this list, I see Bestial, which I seem to remember Belsaita recommending, is on it too, as is Amaya which is just a decent old-fashioned basque restaurant on the Rambla:

barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/restaurants/b…

Uk Lancashire
Level Contributor
391 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: xmas day meal in Barcelona

fantastic many thnaks fo all of your help and advice. I will check them all out.