We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exiample Area?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
375 reviews
Save Topic
Exiample Area?

Am considering a girls weekend in Barcelona next Easter and am investigating apartment rentals. Ideally we would like 1 big apartment that sleeps 8 or 2 individual apartments that are in the same block.

Have found an apartment that seems to cater for this based in the Exiample area. Whats this area like compared to Borne and Bari Gotic (the latter of which I know). Is there a good supply of local restaurants and bars in this area?

West Yorks, UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exiample Area?

I love the Eixample. Stayed in that area 3 times out of 5 Never struggled to find bars and restaurants, but as Barcelona's Transport system is so fab it doesn't really matter where you stay.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
85 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exiample Area?

Eixample is more quiet and less full of tourists than Barri Gotic - due to the fact that Barri Gotic is full of cheaper accommodation. I would say that El Born is quite similar to Barri Gotic, a little trendier some might say. I wouldn't mind having an apartment there.

Eixample of course has many many tourists but not as much as the two other areas. It's probably a bit more expensive, but you really don't have to worry about finding reastaurants or bars in the area. There's plenty of them. And it's still a walk away from Barri Gotic.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exiample Area?

Thanks for your comments as its 6 girls that are going to Barcelona and the fact its Easter I think we would be better off in the main area say Borne, Gotic or Ramblas.

4. Re: Exiample Area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 22:19