We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona weather in April?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona weather in April?

Hi,

Planning my first trip to Barcelona in spring of 2009. Just wondering how the weather is there in April? I saw on a web site its one of the more rainy months? Will probably be there for Easter...is that a good/bad time to visit? Thank you! (probably many more Barcelona related questions to come)

Barcelona
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona weather in April?

Hi Irish22,

There is a Spanish saying about the weather in April; "en abril, aguas mil", (in April, lots of water). So it is fair to say that it could be quite rainy in April, last year it was rainy with some heavy days, but in the past it hasn't rained at all.

So, April can be a bit hit and miss with regards to rain in Barcelona, but what I can say for certain is that the temperature is always good. April/May is when the weather startings warming up and in April you can happily walk around in sunny weather.

Easter is a good time to visit Barcelona in some ways and in other ways it isn't. There are less tourists at Easter than in the Summer and so sightseeing will be a lot less hassle free. If you are looking for the religious processions and celebrations, Barcelona is not the place to go, this happens more in the South, in Andalusia. As well as this, it is bank holiday on 10th and 13th April which means supermarkets and shops will be closed.

I personally think it is worth the risk and I'm sure you'll have a great time! As it is your first time in Barcelona, I recommend you look at the Barcelona travel blog I write, as it is full of tips on things to do and see during your stay; www.oh-holidays.com/travel-blog. Hope that helps!

Charlotte

Oh-Barcelona

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
639 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona weather in April?

Travel blog would have been intersting if I spoke more Spanish. My Sp is limited to counting, days of the wk etc.

but thans anyway

Barcelona
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona weather in April?

Hi Irish222,

You shouldn't have any problems because the blog is in English!

www.oh-holidays.com/travel-blog

Best wishes,

Charlotte

Oh Barcelona

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona weather in April?

Hi Charlotte

Thank you for your response..very helpful. I now know I will definitely be there in April so I will just hope for the best with the weather!:) I wasn't looking to see the religious processions as such, just wondering if it was a quiet time or a busy touristy time of year. The bank holidays are fine too..I have 2 weeks and I am sure I can find other places to explore on those days!

Your blog is also very interesting and full of useful information that will help me get to know the city before I get there. Thanks again.

Irish

5. Re: Barcelona weather in April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 18:17