We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el nord bus station to atrium palace

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
el nord bus station to atrium palace

is it feasable to walk from the nord bus station in Barcelona to the atrium palace - I don't want to take a metro or bus on my first day so it is either walking or taxi.

how much will the taxi be roughly - 3 people with one luggage bag each and probably a handbag.

or is the bus station very close to the atrium palace and would it be silly to get a cab.

scotland
Level Contributor
90 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el nord bus station to atrium palace

It's definitely walkable, probably 10 minutes with luggage. I would probably get a taxi just because it won't be much between 3 of you. I broke the wheel of my suitcase walking to my hotel because of the tiled pavements! The pavements in Barcelona are beautiful but not the best for luggage :)

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: el nord bus station to atrium palace

thanks spacetree - I am guessing that the price will be in the region of 10 - 15 Euro. If they charge more than 20 Euro should I be concerned at being ripped off.

Sorry, but with all the stories on this forum, I am worried I will be ripped off at every corner - I am sure that is not the case at all.

scotland
Level Contributor
90 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: el nord bus station to atrium palace

Yes! 20 euros would be too much, my parent recently took a taxi with 2 cases from estacio del nord to carrer pelai for 7 euros. /the prices are always displayed in the back of the taxi (the starting rate, extra charges for certain things, and prices for cases) so you will be able to see if you're being ripped off. When are you going? The hotel is really quite close so if the fare is an issue you could definitely walk it.

scotland
Level Contributor
90 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: el nord bus station to atrium palace

here is exact info: tourisminbarcelona.com/taxi-fares-and-supple…

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: el nord bus station to atrium palace

no the budget is not an issue, but I would just like to get a cab there and drop all our stuff and then go explore - I am heading in about three hours. Can't wait.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: el nord bus station to atrium palace

thanks spacetrace - thats a great link you gave.

7. Re: el nord bus station to atrium palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 01:18