We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In barcelona for convention, hotel advice needed!

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
652 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
In barcelona for convention, hotel advice needed!

Hi guys,

Going to a 1 day convention at the Montjuïc venue but have 2 days free time in barcelona. Should we stay near to the venue for example at the AYRE Hotel Gran Via, Torre Catalunya or Villa Emilia on plaza espanya or should we stay towards the center as we would like to be walking distance to some nice bars and restaurants.

Any advice is welcomed!

Thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: In barcelona for convention, hotel advice needed!

I cannot advice much about bars, but I think you won't have problems with finding one :)

As it is 2 days for you and 1 for the covention (you can take metro or taxi twice this day, I suppose), I'd stay eg near El Born to go out

A:)

Hampshire ,England
Level Contributor
609 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In barcelona for convention, hotel advice needed!

My boyfriend stayed near the same convention venue this weekend and to be honest it's a bit industrial and not that nice.

I'd stay nearer the centre in the Born or in the Barri Gotic area. Taxis are really cheap and theres always the metro or buses to get you to the convention. The middle area means you'll be able to walk around and get a feel for Barcelona and have your pick of bars and resturants.Have a great time!

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
652 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In barcelona for convention, hotel advice needed!

Many thanks guys!

Seattle
Level Contributor
14 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In barcelona for convention, hotel advice needed!

We just returned from Barcelona and had a convention at the same venue. We stayed at Hotel Claris, and although, I would not recommend the hotel, the location was perfect! It is close to Casa Mila "La Pedrea". There are wonderful restaurants in this area, it is within walking distance to Las Ramblas. A note of caution, pick pocketing is rampant and one of the ladies in our tour got her purse stolen in the Barri Gotic area. Don't take anything out that is not replaceable. I kept my small purse under my coat the whole time.

5. Re: In barcelona for convention, hotel advice needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 12:24