We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arc de Triomf area

NY
Level Contributor
211 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Arc de Triomf area

Just booked an apartment close to Arc de Triomf metro station. It is listed being in Eixample but on the map it looks more like the Ribera area. Anyone knows if it is safe being so close to the Estacio del Nord?

Also, i booked through the Habitat Apartments. ANy experience with them?

Mentioned in this post
Arc de Triomf
Arc de Triomf
2,524 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arc de Triomf area

hi,

the area is safe. In Arc del triomf there is the "border" betwen Ribera area and Eixample area....for this reason, it's depens of the side of the Arc del Triomf (it's a "passeig", a big street with tree) you are in Ribera or in Eixample. Both area are very close to markets: Santa Catalina market in Ribera and Fort Pius market (but this is very little), shows, bakerys, etc

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arc de Triomf area

Estacio Nord problem is small luggage items and pockets of the passengers getting off the buses- i don't think it will affect the houses around (no matter if Eixample or Ribera side).

Anyway, in the streets - especially where many tourist pass - mind that pickpockets or snatching are possible (talking Ribera - I heard about Corders-Carders, Princessa st <- near Picasso Museum)

I hope that knowing about that you'll have no problem.

for Habitat - may be write a new topic or try forum search via the box above the posts

AFL

Mentioned in this post
Museo Picasso
Museo Picasso
8,444 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arc de Triomf area

as others said, the area is safe no matter where side you are

at least as safe as you can expect on a big city, and actually safer than most big cities. Just be aware of your belongings. I pass by Estacio del Nord quite often and never suffered/witnessed anything. It is know there are pickpockets trying to get advantage of tired passengers, as in any station/airport, but this happens on the same station, nothing to do with the streets around

NY
Level Contributor
211 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arc de Triomf area

Thanks for the answers. The apartment is a bit north of Arc de Triomf and 3,4 blocks SOuth of Place de Tetuan.

I had another choice same price for an apartment close to metro Urgell. Would that area be more interesting for cafes, bakeries...?

Mentioned in this post
Arc de Triomf
Arc de Triomf
2,524 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arc de Triomf area

you will find plenty of cafes & bakeries anywhere in Barcelona

In that sense, and in many others, both areas are equivalent

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Petaluma, California
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Arc de Triomf area

Hello. I am curious about your experience with Habitat as well as this particular apartment. It sounds like the one we are renting in early April. It's name is the Attic Loft in the same area you described. I hope your trip will be fun.

7. Re: Arc de Triomf area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 14:37