We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightime

stockport
Level Contributor
507 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Nightime

We are visitng Barcelona mid March. Can anyone give me any ideas of what to do at night? Obviously there are some areas to stay away from. If we have been busy sightseeing all day, we wont be out very late. Staying near to Avinguda de Roma

California
Level Contributor
929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightime

Check the 'nightclubs' -- 'restaurants' -- 'things to do' --&-- 'warnings and dangers' sections (tabs) for Barcelona at: virtualtourist.com

These sections come complete w/ reviews and comments of former visitors.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightime

first of all, please define what is 'very late' for you

for local standards, 'very late' is probably past 3 AM ;))

There will not be much action, if any, in the dancing clubs until well past midnight so it makes little sense going there earlier. However, there are small clubs and bars where you can have some drinks and that will be busy from 8-9 PM (drinks before dinner for us locals... ) until wee hours

I'm not familiar with Avinguda de Roma so can't say for sure but it's a quiet area as far I remember. How long are you staying? You can plan having dinner at least one day in Gracia and another in El Born, both areas are full of good restaurant and small clubs and cocktail bars to have some drinks after. Of course it will be much quieter if you go there on weekdays, but many places will be still open. If you stay more days, another night you can go to Port Olimpic (nowadays quite touristy, but still nice), another night around Universitat area and another night to Poble Sec

Let me know if these plans sounds ok and I can give you some more details

Returning home will be not a problem by metro is you plan to return home before midnight on weekdays and it will be equally safe (I'd say safer) than during the day, just watch out for pickpockets but these operate at all times and more when crowded. And of course you can take a taxi back to your hotel

have fun!

stockport
Level Contributor
507 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightime

Thanks for that info. We're only going to be there for 2nights/3days.

Late for us is midnight if we are walking about all day!

4. Re: Nightime

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 07:28