We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter in Barcelona

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Easter in Barcelona

We are coming to Barcelona for Easter. It's my 50th birthday on Easter Sunday. Would love some ideas on how to celebrate please bearing in mind we are bringing our 13 year old son and 11 year old daughter with us. Thanks in advance, MrsB.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter in Barcelona

Hi,

perhaps write a new topic titled like '50th Birthday with Family on Easter Sunday'

Do you mean a dinner ?

if Mum and Dad and kids like watching some sea life www.aquariumbcn.com/AQUARIUM/index.php…

or gocar?

http://www.gocartours.es/

or flying?

http://www.cathelicopters.com/web-eng.html

A:)

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter in Barcelona

Thank you so much A, these all look great, especially the gocars! Yes a really good dinner would be good too. Can you recommend anywhere on the Ramblas, somewhere we can appreciate really good Spanish tapas etc. Thanking you again, MrsB.

Oh, also...do you know if there is any Easter parade's or festivals, church services etc. going on, I can't seem to find any information.

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter in Barcelona

Have a look at this website nearer to the date when you travel, it's usually pretty good for keeping tabs on events that are coming up in Barcelona. I'm sure that you'll find some info about the Easter festivities.

http://www.barcelonaturisme.com/

It's in English too.

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter in Barcelona

I have visited at Easter before and there are parades on the streets with floats too. Lots of chocolate easter eggs too in all the bakery shops.

There was a very enjoyable Tapas place behind the Cathedral great Tapas and Cava. It was layed out on trays on the counters, wooden stools and tables too.

Have fun and enjoy.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter in Barcelona

hi,

eps!! not only easter eggs!! the typical are figures as houses, cars, rabbits, eggs, ships, trains...lots of lots of chocolat' figures: the "mones" (this is the name, and godfathers give as a present to his godson)...And some bakerys has the most ancient: a cake with boiled eggs (and without chocolat)

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter in Barcelona

Thanks Dani, looks a good website, will look up nearer the time for more events. MrsB.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter in Barcelona

Thanks Kirsty and 5de8...think I will shop there for Easter eggs for the kids instead of taking them with me. Sounds wonderful. MrsB.

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easter in Barcelona

Ah... the "mones" are truly great! :-)

Especially the really dark chocolate ones! Yum. Much more imaginative than regular Easter eggs.

I used to live in Barcelona and this is bringing back good memories!

MrsB, I'm sure that you'll have a great time.

Mallorca
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easter in Barcelona

I've just been searching for "mones":

forndelpasseig.com/images/…index.htm

forndelpasseig.com/c/mones%20de%20pascua.htm

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easter in Barcelona

yes,

"mones" that represent barça players are very typical.

One place that usually have beautiful "mones" are the pastry shop "Escriba" near Boqueria market in las Rambles. Or "la colmena" near sant jaume square or in princesa street....