We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Beach near barcelona

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
306 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
A Beach near barcelona

Hi

We are stopping at Barcelona on a cruise soon and since I have been to Barcelona many times I thought this time I would try and take my 2 year old son to the beach instead, is there one near by, I have been told there is a boat to Tossa is this correct?

Thanks

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Beach near barcelona

Barceloneta

Or Sitges, train journey 30mins.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,545 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Beach near barcelona

Not from Barcelona, maybe?? from Lloret. The only boats that I know of in Barcelona go round the harbour or out past the breakwater to the Forum area. Otherwise ferries to Mallorca et al!

Castelldefels is a shorter train ride than Sitges (get outat Castelldefels Platja) and has nice beach but Sitges is a resort whereas Castelldefels is more residential (commuter town and second-homes at the beach).

Barcelona
Level Contributor
845 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A Beach near barcelona

Definitely there's no boat/ferry to Tossa.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
306 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Beach near barcelona

Thanks guys, how far is the train station from where the cruise ship docks?

Thanks

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
870 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Beach near barcelona

How about the beaches in Barcelona?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A Beach near barcelona

CLG.2007

have a look at map

renfe.es/cercanias/barcelona/mapa_zonas.html

Lightblue7,

KiRSTY mentioned Barceloneta

A:)

Barcelona
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: A Beach near barcelona

Hello CLG.2007,

My personal favourites of the beaches found in Barcelona are the ones located the other side of the Olimpic Port from Barceloneta.

They were artificially built as a result of the Olympics coming to Barcelona in 1992 after a great number of industrial buildings were demolished along the coastline. I find them cleaner and much more relaxing than that of the one in Barceloneta.

The most accessible of them is Nova Icària and can be reached by taking the yellow Metro Line L4 to Ciutadella - Vila Olimpica and from there it is about a 10 minute walk to the beach. On a sunny day it is quite a picturesque area. It has new, clean pavements and pathways and offers a very pleasant afternoon or evening stroll if you fancy it. And if you are looking for somewhere to eat afterwards, there are a plethora of restaurants and bars right beside the beach.

Best Wishes,

OHcharlotte

OH-Barcelona

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A Beach near barcelona

Can anyone give me directions to the station from the cruise port and how long will it take to walk there please? Do the trains on L4 run frequently and how many euros for return fare to Vila Olimpica for the beach?

Thanks for your help

Liz

9. Re: A Beach near barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 06:18