We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk around with laptop in laptop bag

Uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Walk around with laptop in laptop bag

Hi,

Visiting barca end april solo, will be travelling with my laptop in its bag, arriving at airport and moving onto nou camp area of barcelona. any precautions or tips regarding safety with laptops.

Thanks

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk around with laptop in laptop bag

I put my laptop in a backpack and got small little combo locks for the zippers. I had no problem moving from the airport to the aerobus to my hotel and back. When I went out sightseeing for the day, I locked my laptop in the backpack and left it out of view in the hotel closet. Didn't have any problems. If your hotel has a safe large enough for a laptop, you may want to keep it in there.

barcelona
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk around with laptop in laptop bag

if you walk, close your bag well and in crowdy place wear your bag in front instead in the back

using free wifi, i dont think you will have some trouble that someone will try to steal you just an eye on your wallet since you will be focused on the screen

Uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk around with laptop in laptop bag

thanks for the heads up, ill take the points into consideration, by whats been mentioned will end up taking it

NYC
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk around with laptop in laptop bag

I don't think you would have a problem with someone stealing the laptop out of your bag. It seems like thieves rely on stealth and I think it'd be hard for them to slide a whole laptop out without you feeling something haha.

On the other hand, your bag with the laptop in it might be stolen if you leave it somewhere unattended, like perhaps when beside your table while dining.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
226 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk around with laptop in laptop bag

i was in Barcelona last month and did the same exact thing: I put the laptop in my backpack and locked the zipper with a small lock. But the others are correct that the pickpocketers typically are looking for something easy like your wallet. Once your backpack is locked, it's highly unlikely they'll bother messing with you. But make sure not to forget about safeguarding your wallet at ALL times!

6. Re: Walk around with laptop in laptop bag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 07:28