We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday in Barcelona?

Illinois
5 posts
Save Topic
Sunday in Barcelona?

My friend and I will be in Barcelona on a Sunday and Monday only. We are planning on doing a day tour on Monday that goes to most of the places we want to see, but we are not sure what to do on sunday?

We want to have Sunday just be our walk around and relax day. Are there some things to do on Las Ramblas and the surrounding area on a Sunday? Is the market open, etc?

Has anyone stayed at the Royal Ramblas Hotel (on Las Ramblas), and is it nice and safe for two girls? If not, are there any centrally located, safe hotels that would be good for two girls to stay at?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,428 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday in Barcelona?

The Tourist Information Center in Placa Catalunya has a walking tour of the Bari Gothic in English at 10 am on Sunday.

…barcelonaturisme.com/Barcelona-Walks-Gotic/…

It is very interesting and will take you to places in the Bari Gothic that you may have trouble finding on your own.

By 11 am, many shops will be opening. Be certain to stop in one of the pastry shops. Unbelieveable!!

At noon, a crowd gathers in front of the Cathedral in the Bari Gothic to dance the sardena to a live band. This is the Catalan national dance. (Don't confuse the Cathedral with La Sagrada Familia.)

Wander the Bari Gothic and take a closer look at places pointed out on the tour. The Sunday we were there, there were stalls set up in the plaza at the Church of St. Philip Neri in the Bari Gothic. The vendors seemed to be selling locally produced items.

By 1 pm, another group of stalls had gone up just south of Placa Catalunya (not there when we went by at 10 am). These also seemed to be local craftspeople.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,428 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday in Barcelona?

One more thing, have some coins handy. There were a number of musicians playing thoughout the Bari Gothic. Have some coins handy to leave if you enjoy their music. This way, you will not have to open your purse.

Some of the musicians were very good and not in league as the idiotic "live statues" on Las Ramblas.

Also, be certain to visit the cloisters in the back of the Cathredal. See the thirteen live geese and light a candle for a safe trip.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday in Barcelona?

hi,

on sunday markets are closed and shops also , except tourist shops and bakerys and pastry shops.

Museums are open (and some of them free) on Sunday. Another options: go to the Ciutadella Park, or take the "golondrinas" (little ships in the harbour).

Also the other person said before me, at morning in front of the catedral there will be "sardanes"..and depend of the weekend perhaps another activities in the area....

when will you come?? (what dates??)

4. Re: Sunday in Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2009, 07:07
n. ca
Level Contributor
162 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday in Barcelona?

i arrive on may 10th. anything interesting that day? thanks for posting .

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday in Barcelona?

hi,

well,for instance: in Hospital street (near la Rambla) on May 11th (only this day!) there is the "fira de Sant ponç" (fair where to buy honey, medicinal herbs or candied fruit, very coloristic!) all day!, or in the quartier of Gracia, there will be "castellers" (human towers) in Rius i Taulet square with Castellers de la Vila de Gracia and others (on sunday at 12 pm)...

n. ca
Level Contributor
162 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday in Barcelona?

i love you all! that sounds fantastic!! i will print this and tuck it away in my bag for when we get there!!! thanks for the reply

Athens
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday in Barcelona?

Hello, we will be in Barcelona in May 10th too for 4 nights with my girlfriend, so I have the same question.

We arrive at 11:00 at the morning and the hotel check in is 14:00, so we don't have so much time the Sunday. We want to see the Magic Fountain Show at Monjuic at 21:30 and later to go at Poble Espanyol to watch Flamenco Show, so we have about 8 hours to explore.

What do you suggest to do at Sunday? I was thinking to go to Park Guell or maybe visit 2,3 museums, so to have 3 days to walk and exploring the city.

The Plaça Rius I Taulet is at Passeig de Colom? What time is the show of Castellers de la vila de gracia?

Muchas Gracias mi amigo!

9. Re: Sunday in Barcelona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 05:28