We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local arts and crafts

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
611 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Local arts and crafts

Is there an area in Barcelona where I can purchase arts and crafts made by local craftsmen? Sometimes in larger cities they will have a building where many different artists display and sell their work.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,711 posts
3,574 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local arts and crafts

Visit the Pueblo Español because that is where they sell their stuff. You can find beautiful merchandise there.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local arts and crafts

hi,

you can find some crafts shops in ferran street (near sant jaume square), near Pi square (same zone) and in Banys nous street there is a show room of catalan handcrafts (centre català d'artesania).

Barcelona
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Local arts and crafts

Hi

As mention before in Poble Espanyol you can find silver hand craft, wood, metal, crystal and paintings.

If you go during the morning it is possible to visit the little crystal workshops where they will show you how they make the figures and it is fro free!!

If you go during the night on Monday there is a great flamenco show that takes place on a restaurant within poble espanyol at 9pm, u cant miss it.

If you really like art, you can spend the entire day in Poble Espanyol because each store represents a different architecture Spanish style; there are gardens and place to eat as well.

Here is the map on how to get there, the metro station is plaça de espanya (red or green line)

http://maps.google.es/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=es&geocode=&q=poble+espanyol&sll=41.387917,2.169919&sspn=0.329699,0.612488&gl=es&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=A

In Pi Square you will mostly find painters, it is very close to las ramblas, so u can stop by when you are doing a tour around the area, it wont take u more than 30 minutes to see everything there, but dont get me wrong it is great.

At the end of las ramblas you can find also some painters but to be honest with you the ones in pi square are better.

Here is a map on how to get there.

http://maps.google.es/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=es&geocode=&q=pla%C3%A7a+del+pi&sll=41.382718,2.174445&sspn=0.005152,0.00957&gl=es&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=A

If you need anything else do not hesitate to ask

OHLuis

(OH-Barcelona)

Minnesota
Level Contributor
611 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local arts and crafts

Thanks everyone! I look forward to some fun shopping!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
188 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local arts and crafts

Poble Espanol is ok, its a bit Disneyish for my taste, looks good but not really authentic. The shops sell some interesting stuff but overpriced and a bit touristy. Its just ok.

The flameco show was fun but go to the early show, the vocals required in Flamenco singing are quite demanding and I found the quality of the vocals were less than good for the show that I attended which was the second show. I could tell the singers had talent but they were straining after doing the first show.

The dancing was good. Overall a fun event.

About the crafts, there were some nice shops in the Parc Guell area.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Local arts and crafts

On Sunday, when we were there, there were a number of stalls set up in the plaza by the church of St. Philip Neri in the Bari Gothic.

There were also a number of stalls just south of Placa Catalunya.

Seemed to be handmade items for sale in both places.

Don't know if this is every Sunday or not.

7. Re: Local arts and crafts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 07:29