We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Mila vs Casa Batllo

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Mila vs Casa Batllo

Casa Mila vs Casa Batllo. If you had to choose one of the two, which would you pay money to see? Which is more spectacular?

Barcelona
Level Contributor
446 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Mila vs Casa Batllo

Hi there!

I went to Casa Batlló last week and I was really impressed. Although I am not really into the arts, I loved the house and the way it had been created.

Between 1904 and 1906 Gaudí reconstructed the house for the rich family, Batlló, and had been geared towards the submarine world.

You get an audio-guided tour which allows you to discover the house on your own. You get the most important and interesting information without being forced to keep up with the tempo of a group.

I spent 16.50€ for an hour and a half it was definitely worth its price!!!!

Enjoy your visit to Casa Batlló if you decide to go!

OHcharlotte

(OH-Barcelona)

New York, New York
Level Contributor
383 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Mila vs Casa Batllo

I have heard that the both of them are worth it, but the Sagrada Familia is not. I have read that the inside of the Sagrada Familia is under construction. I think it is worth it to pay for both houses just to see the roofs!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,741 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Mila vs Casa Batllo

They are both spectacular in their own ways. As regards the tours, when I did them you actually went through the some of the living space as designed by Gaudi in Casa Batllo, whereas in Casa Mila you only got to go through the lobby and the roof space (where there was a small museum) and onto the roof itself (like being on a Star Wars set)

Nottingham
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Mila vs Casa Batllo

Hi spindrifter ;O)

I think that this is one of the most natural questions to ask when considering what to see in this part of the city.

To summarise:

Both are great and truly remarkable.

Casa Mila is cheaper (8 euros I think) and there is a lot to see with a museum showing photos of all the Gaudi houses (some of which aren't in Barcelona and some of which you can't enter in any case). A proper viewing of Casa Mila takes nearly 3 hours I would say. For value for money it is extremely good. The interior is quite a surprise given the exterior I think. There are art exhibitions which you can enter for free (from the Passeig De Garcia entrance) and see some of the interior.

Casa Batllo is smaller and is exquisitively beautiful. It is like being inside a jewel. The audioguide is superb also. Whilst it is extremely expensive it is absolutely worth every last cent. Walking around Casa Batllo listening to the audioguide is like listening to a great artist discuss their "art" (art in the broadest sense).

To conclude, I would pay money to see both of them as they are 2 of the most remarkable buildings in the world. Casa Batllo is more spectacular.

Go to both ;O)

Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Mila vs Casa Batllo

Thank you all for your feedback! I think I will try to see both based on your recommendations.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
774 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Mila vs Casa Batllo

My visit to Casa Mila two years ago included a tour of an apartment, complete with furnishings, also the roof and attic. Last week I toured Cas Batllo and thought that it was more beautiful than Casa Mila although there are no furnishings. The price was 16.50 Euros. Hint: get there as it opens as I did, and you will have the whole place to yourself before the huge crowds arrive.

If you can try to visit both or save one for another trip.

Gbow

Manchester
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Mila vs Casa Batllo

I went to both during my trip in early May. Between those 2, I enjoyed Casa Batllo a lot more, even though it costs twice as much to go in and it's unfurnished. The courtyard is just stunning. And the rooftop is breathtakingly gorgeous. I didn't really realise that the rooms are unfurnished until I reflect on it later. There are enough things to gawk at ;) Also, probably because it's a lot less crowded, I felt like I really took everything in.

But, if you have the chance, go to both. It's unique in its own way.

And since a previous reply mentioned Sagrada Familia, I really enjoyed my trip there too. Just to stand directly under the facades, taking the elevator rides and look at it from a different view, and although construction work is still going on inside the temple, it doesn't mean you can't appreciate how gorgeous the ceiling is :) Pre-book for the earliest time, get there early and get in early. Less crowd, better chance for you to really soak it all in. :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
639 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Mila vs Casa Batllo

We saw all 3 Gaudi properties. Cas Batllo is DEFINATELY worth going in, touring the entire house etc. I was not impressed (in fact felt ripped off at Casa Mila.) Yes, the rooms were furnished etc but not worth the entrance price.

Also Sagrada Fam. was worth seeing fr the outside. The archetecture etc is magnificet, but save the entrance fee. Inside is under construction. It is interesting but not worth spending $ to see

9. Re: Casa Mila vs Casa Batllo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 05:33