We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Figueres to La Cerdanya

seattle,wa
7 posts
Save Topic
Figueres to La Cerdanya

We are planning a day trip from Barcelona to the country side of La Cerdanya. I heard that there were wild horses somewhere in a valley near there, and good jam. Can anyone recommend a good way to travel to Cerdanya? Does the train do a loop through the countryside? Should we rent a car and drive? Or would bus be better?

Thank you very much for your help.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Figueres to La Cerdanya

hi,

bus isn't a good option, unfortunatelly..if You can rent a car, it's better a option!

There are horses, but not exactly "wild horses"..they lived in the mountain but more or less as cows...

this is a web with touristic information (also in english):

www.visitpirineus.com/Html/Ingles/default.asp

http://www.lleidatur.com/cat/cadimoixero.html

an this one only in spanish:

…consumer.es/documentos/…index.php

I suggested visit the natural park of Cadi-moixeró.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
845 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Figueres to La Cerdanya

RENFE trains link Figueres with Girona and there I think there is a TEISA bus to Puigcerdà (long trip).

Renting a car is a great option as it would give you the freedom to discover la Cerdanya (Puigcerdà's "county") which has great scenery.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Figueres to La Cerdanya

hi,

yes, pocabroma is right, there is a bus:

www.teisa-bus.com

but only a bus diary from monday to friday, not at weeckends.

And from girona to puigerda: at 16h and arrived at 19h.

And from puigcerda to girona: at 6am

seattle,wa
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Figueres to La Cerdanya

thank you for the great information and great links. we really want to see the countryside while we are here, and not limit ourselves to just exploring the city of barcelona. I hope ´weve chosen the right area (la cerdanya) to drive through. if you have any other suggestions for a good country drive, please let me know.

again, thanks for your help.

5. Re: Figueres to La Cerdanya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2009, 06:22