We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picasso Museum - Time suggestions

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Picasso Museum - Time suggestions

We'll be in Barcelona for three days in mid Sept, arriving on a tuesday morning and leaving on friday and we definitely want to visit the Picasso Museum. Does anyone have any suggestions about a good time to visit that would avoid long lines? Is it possible to buy tickets on-line ahead of time to avoid lines? Any hints or suggestions are most welcome. Thanks

Jhgrady

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picasso Museum - Time suggestions

in sept you may well find no lines of signifcance. i do not believe you can buy individual tickets in advance but if you buy the articket online, you avoid the ticket line. this makes sense anyway if you will visit at least 3 of the covered museums. the lines will be shorter at the opening hour, although it also seems they are less in the early evening, say around 18:00.

Miami
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picasso Museum - Time suggestions

Can't comment on length of lines but if you take advantage of the free guided tour then you can avoid making a line altogether but you must prebook in advance for the tour. The tours in English are offered Tuesdays & Thursdays at 4 pm and they also offer tours in Catalan and Spanish at other times. For timetables and details re booking see this webpage: bcn.cat/museupicasso/…guided-tours.html

Have fun!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picasso Museum - Time suggestions

Picasso Museum is an important museum but you will not encounter lines as long as the Louvre or Uffizi. The museum is small compared to those two and the lines should be manageable, besides, the location is in a narrow shaded street in Born away from the summer heat.

The English guided tours can be reserved online and you won't have to queue but only available at 4 p.m. time slot. I hope this helps.

Ninove, Belgium
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picasso Museum - Time suggestions

We went there around noon, there barely was a line. Since you are going in september I don't think you'll have queuing problems.

Gothenburg
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Picasso Museum - Time suggestions

Me and my girlfriend went there just a few days ago on our cisit to BCN. Despite that it was in the middle of the tourist season and in the middle of the day we only stood in line for about 10 minutes.

Unless you are interested in other artists be sure to request the reduced entry when buying your ticket.

6. Re: Picasso Museum - Time suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2010, 05:17