We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this really a place worth going to?

Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Is this really a place worth going to?

I am finally going to be able to enjoy BCN in December '09!! Now, a friend told me that El Bosque de las Hadas was a place I should not miss. Is it really worth it?.. I had never heard of it till she mentioned it.

Thanks

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,046 reviews
from US$146.00*
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,948 reviews
from US$44.10*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,650 reviews
from US$111.90*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
441 reviews
from US$112.23*
US$118.14
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this really a place worth going to?

well... may be ok if you happen to be at the area at night (btw, not the best area in town to be at nigh...) and you don't mind overpriced drinks served by rude waiters.

you may have a quick look at the weird decoration and go away to any of the many places that are not so obvious tourist traps...

Barcelona
Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this really a place worth going to?

It's called El Bosc de les Fades, and as the poster before me said I'd say it's worth a quick visit just for the decoration. If you go before 19.30 there's a simulated storm with flashing lights and thunder. However, I've never stayed for more than one drink.

Leigh

Lifestyle Barcelona

Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this really a place worth going to?

Well.. i guess i'll make a quick stop, have a drink, take a pic.. and then go!

thank you!

Barcelona
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this really a place worth going to?

yes, a quick stop is fine...

it's a ...romantic place to have a drink...I think not open at night...

It's quite hidden, at the end of Las Ramblas.

have fun, there're better places to go.

visit www.atrapalo.com

Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this really a place worth going to?

Buenisima pagina web, gracias!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
20 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this really a place worth going to?

This place is honestly just hilarious. Yes, it's decorated like a forest, but truth, it's really fun. We heard about it from a bartender at another bar on the Ramblas who told us to go there. We drank a ton of champange(cava) there and it was really busy. I'd definitely go there to start a night. If nothing else you'll laugh at the weirdness of being in a forest bar in Barcelona.

7. Re: Is this really a place worth going to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2010, 05:18