We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Burgos day trip

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brasil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba, New York City
Level Contributor
905 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Burgos day trip

Hi there!

Is it feasible a day trip from Barcelona to Burgos? What are the options of transport? Any websites where I can check the prices and timetables of trains, coaches and flights?

Cheers!

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
5,664 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Burgos day trip

A day? that is impossible. By road it is over 630 km one way.

Maybe a day to get there and a day to come back, so take a full day to see the sights because of timetables not really working out is the best way.

Here is the link to cover most transportation websites covering Spain

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187427-c55058/Spain:…

Brasil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba, New York City
Level Contributor
905 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Burgos day trip

Thanks for the info.

I got the distance between them wrongly, one of these distance caculators in the web informed that was around 160 km, but that was in a straight line, I suppose; even so, I didn't expect that the 'real' distance was that big.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Burgos day trip

even flying is not possible on a day, i once had to do a business trip and i needed to overnight in burgos (not a bad thing)

no idea where you get the distances but is not 160km even in a straight line

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
2,640 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Burgos day trip

rough calculation 'old fashioned way' (scale and paper map): more than 500 km as the crow flies ;)

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,150 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Burgos day trip

Pretty good rough guess, gatamaula.

Per freemaptools.com/how-far-is-it-between.htm

497.4 kms as the crow flies and 623 km by land transport - so no, not feasible, really, unless you fly - and then probably difficult in a single day. Iberia do the route.

6. Re: Burgos day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2010, 05:19