We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday in Barcelona

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Birthday in Barcelona

I will celebrate my 30th birthday in Barcelona next month and I'm looking for something fun and special to do on that day. I know "fun" and "special" are open to interpretation, so some background info:

-- I will be there with my mother, and we've been to Barcelona once before and have seen all the obvious tourist sites. We're big on walking as much as possible when traveling in Europe

-- Not big drinkers, so not too much into bars. We like museums, day trips, shopping, culture, etc.

-- I don't care too much about price... anything to take my mind off turning 30. :)

For example, we spent Mom's birthday last year in Paris; we biked out to Versailles and had a picnic lunch in the gardens that day. Something of that nature, or anything else anyone can recommend, would be good. Thanks!

Tarragona, Spain
Level Contributor
379 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Birthday in Barcelona

Probably too tame and insufficiently energetic, unless you wanted to cycle around Montjuich a few times before lunch,but....

the restaurant in the Museu Nacional de Catalunya

www.mnac.cat/visitamuseu/vis_serveis.jsp…

might get you off to a nice start between 13:00-16:00 on the (majority of) days when it is open.

No doubt others will have other suggestions, too.

"Felicitats en el día del teu anniversari..." when it comes next month.

30?

Those were the days!

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,654 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Birthday in Barcelona

Hi,

Don't know if the cycling thing was a one off but there are a number of companies that do cycling tours of the city, just Google 'cycle tours barcelona'

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,654 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Birthday in Barcelona

PS If you are big on walking why not do one of the several walking tours - for example the Gourmet Walking Tour?

Details of a few here

barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/tour/barcelon…

4. Re: Birthday in Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2010, 07:17